advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

I would have thought that John Westlake has the room / speaker / amplifier optimised so that he can quantify the sound of the equipment he is developing. It might not be to everyone's taste, as it's their for him to test and quantify. I do recall that John said the power supply was not optimised at this stage on the DevDac (it was running off a lab power supply during the test), so hopefully there is more to come from it and the bass performance. There has been talk of a valve output stage, but I would think that is for the FDAC now.

I would have thought that John Westlake has the room / speaker / amplifier optimised so that he can quantify the sound of the equipment he is developing. It might not be to everyone's taste, as it's their for him to test and quantify. I do recall that John said the power supply was not optimised at this stage on the DevDac (it was running off a lab power supply during the test), so hopefully there is more to come from it and the bass performance. There has been talk of a valve output stage, but I would think that is for the FDAC now.
I seem to recall that when I was trying out the multi rail Calex power supplies with the MDAC that one of the noticeable improvements it made was in the bass quality. Perhaps that indicates that the better PS in the final DevDAC (vs the bench PS) will do the trick . . .

John W

I have been trying to join the facebook group for over a year with no success.

Mike,

The FB group is a closed group for project sponsors - if a message is not sent with the request to join the group then I sometime don't add the new member as I have no way of matching the FB name / PFM member name (Project development sponsor)..

If you resend you request with you PFM name or other details which I can match with your development sponsorship then I will add you - I'm very sorry for missing you off the list.

Mike,

The FB group is a closed group for project sponsors - if a message is not sent with the request to join the group then I sometime don't add the new member as I have no way of matching the FB name / PFM member name (Project development sponsor)..

If you resend you request with you PFM name or other details which I can match with your development sponsorship then I will add you - I'm very sorry for missing you off the list.

John

I have sent a new request with a message as well with my details.

Any chance moving the discussion back from facebook to pfm?

Micheal,

The Facebook group is closed and open only to the project development sponsors - I prefer to keep some information (technology / development / measurements) out of the public limelight - it got way to toxic here with troll posts from non project development sponsors.

The advantage of the closed FB group is that posters personal details are public - this prevents trolling...

Looking at the numbers about 95% of the project development sponsors are members of the closed group.

I'd be happy to Email you directly any updates that are not posted here on PFM.

How are you keeping John? Hope all is well :)

Things are REALLY bad here in Czech with a mass lock-down, with the police stopping almost all cars to control non essential travel - they confirm your within your "local" area via ones ID card - its like living in the past where you could not travel outside your area without a pre-approved travel document - the fear is how long will this be extended for, I really can see it being 6 months or more... the only solution I see is full scale testing or a vaccine...

Basically DevDAC's on halt until we can restart work on the software / firmware :( I've been using this time during the lock down to work on developing / testing the FDAC advanced clock circuits - I've rats nested some of the circuit sections and am about to start on the PCB layout..

advertisement

Back