advertisement

Nils Lofgren

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
Picked up his live album 'Night after Night' amongst a big bundle of very cheap bargains from a local record shop that was closing down.

Pretty much the dictionary definition of '70's pop-rock with great guitar playing'. Far better material than the drab Peter Frampton or Rick Derringer, who normally spring to mind in this genre and getting on for Cheap Trick good.

Any of his other stuff worth checking out?

Eponymous LP is great. Tight 3 piece great toons. My fav

Cry Tough is my next fav.

Nils, with several toons co written by Lou Reed is good

Live Acoustic is a gem, beloved of many audiophiles as demo. And worth getting. N

Almost anything he's been involved in is usually at the very least good and often quite superb.

Damaged Goods-Sacred Weapon-Breakaway Angel have all got decent songs on there.
The Loner-Nils sings Neil is a favourite, but then again I'm a Neil Young fan and Nils does a great job with Neil's songs.

As stated above, he's excellent live and always puts in a good shift.

Cheers.....Dave

I was always torn with Nils Lofgren TBH; he was pretty much the last of the old guard that Peel played after the onset of the Punk revolution and thus I found his stuff to be a trifle dull in comparison.

I first saw Lofgren with Neil Young on the Tonight's the Night tour in late 1973. He was tremendous and I sought out his recorded work with Grin. I subsequently saw him a number of times over the next seven or eight years including one concert when the support was Tom Petty. The first two solo albums are my favourites but his live albums are generally very good. I love the album sleeve of All Out by Grin, not the sort of thing you see these days.

Saw Nils a few years ago (2015) at Cambridge Corn Exchange - stunning! Remains one of my favourite concerts

Superb musician and seems to be a really nice bloke

Not Cambridge, but same tour:

advertisement

Back