Elvis Costello.
Celine Dion.
Whitney Houston.
Roy Orbison.
Nat King Cole.
Tony Bennett.
Tom Jones.

I tried to like Tim Buckley...

I tend not to register the names of those singers I can't stand. And I don't listen to pop anyway.

Many of the female singers playing ad nauseam at shows are manure.
Same goes for most female singers which record with audiophile labels.
Any and all manner of ©rap...

Kate Bush
The first song on her BBC Christmas Special 1979. The caterwauling sounding like it was induced by Ken Dodd’s tickle stick or perhaps something else? is complemented by the bad am dram dancing and costumes. I’ve never seen anything quite like it.

This all reminds me of a sketch from The Fast Show. When the old guy in the pub says: “Harry Connick Jr. He’s like a young pretender to old Frank’s crown. I’ll tell you, I won’t have him in the house!”.

Donna Jean Godcheaux.

hell yeah! The way she pipes in with horrendous background shrieks in the middle of some glorious Garcia-Lesh-Weir interplay build up on a 'Playing in the Band..' is the stuff of acid drenched nightmares
Many of my deadhead friends are sensitive to this but I hate her presence in every single Dead show with a vengeance

The first song on her BBC Christmas Special 1979. The caterwauling sounding like it was induced by Ken Dodd’s tickle stick or perhaps something else? is complemented by the bad am dram dancing and costumes. I’ve never seen anything quite like it.

On her first (maybe only???) US TV appearance, halfway through the song she got off the bench and started crawling on all fours on top of the piano lid, moaning like some cat in heat.

On her first (maybe only???) US TV appearance, halfway through the song she got off the bench and started crawling on all fours on top of the piano lid, moaning like some cat in heat.

Wish I'd been there, I would have given her my best tomcat impression!

I always thought I had bad taste in music, and this thread has confirmed it.

Kevin Rowland

His stuff should come with a translation:

"Fapp ig sex pig whale in a sweat a de clob.. Oooo Geno!!!"

Let's have some of the real stuff. Geno was no great singer but the combination of his enthusiasm and the band's really tight sound was pure magic live. Saw him in Nottm '67.

advertisement

Back