advertisement

Assange, Wikileaks and the Trump campaign

Addendum (continued)...

It is false and defamatory to suggest that Julian Assange is playing the victim.

It is false and defamatory to suggest that Julian Assange is predictable.

Wouldn't the statement also have to be demonstrably false?

I don't think so. If a statement is libellous on the face of it (eg I call someone a crook) the burden of proof would be on me to demonstrate crooked behaviour on their part. If a statement isn't libellous, but is insulting (eg I call someone an idiot) the truth or falseness of the claim is irrelevant.

I'm trying to imagine anything that you could say about Assange that would materially defame him.

Whilst I don’t tend to believe a word Assange says this is interesting: “Trump offered Julian Assange a ‘pardon’ if he denies Russia were linked to the DNC hack” (Guardian). So, Trump or Assange, who does one believe? I’m going with neither for now...

Ah, but Seth Abramson made clear in his first book one of the go-betweens from Trumpism to visiting Julian is... (drumroll) Nigel Farage.
Small world, eh?

Ah, but Seth Abramson made clear in his first book one of the go-betweens from Trumpism to visiting Julian is... (drumroll) Nigel Farage.
Small world, eh?

seth abramson the postmodernist charlatan -- really? just out of curiosity, what exactly is the evidence?

seth abramson the postmodernist charlatan -- really? just out of curiosity, what exactly is the evidence?

Is evidence of any kind required in a Trumpian political period?

I do love the new word "mispoke" which appears to have appeared recently.

Almost 24 hours and I get this in before Max (where are you?) or Vuk?!

I don't believe she created the term but Hillary Clinton "misspoke" when, in 2008, she lied about coming under sniper fire in Bosnia in 1996.

advertisement

Back