advertisement

Andrew Sabisky.

Listen to the voices of the Government and their supporters. They see this as their chance (Brexit and majority) to destroy what they see as the ‘liberal left’.

The universities, judiciary and BBC will he first. The UK is now firmly in the grip of right-wing populism.

I wonder what the ‘one nation’ Conservatives think? I’m not sure they see the danger yet.

Stephen

I believe it is best to negotiate change from within an organisation... And I spent many weeks in hospital after being set alight. At a place of work. It was called a prank but I threw away a piece of evidence. A sketch depicting two stick figures. I was the one with a tyre around my neck... This was nearly a quarter of a century ago.

I take this kind of thing very seriously indeed.

Rap artist Dave nailed Boris Johnson as a racist at the Brits earlier, he brought up Grenfell and Windrush too. Great to see some proper protest music at a corporate music event, footage here (Guardian). First the Turner Prize, now The Brits, I very much hope this trajectory continues.
Excellent. Thanks for the heads up.

Rap artist Dave nailed Boris Johnson as a racist at the Brits earlier, he brought up Grenfell and Windrush too. Great to see some proper protest music at a corporate music event, footage here (Guardian). First the Turner Prize, now The Brits, I very much hope this trajectory continues.
Absolutely agreed, resistance has to come from everywhere. Let’s be under no illusions - whether it is ‘testing the water’ or not, this guy was employed precisely because his thoughts align with senior members of the government. I suspect he was told to resign given the backlash, in order to avoid the senior advisers to the PM having been seen to have made an error. But his historical points were known to them and he was enthusiastically taken on board to further the programme.
This is the reality we have, as a direct result of people ‘Backing Boris’ to getbrexitdun, knowworramean.

I believe it is best to negotiate change from within an organisation... And I spent many weeks in hospital after being set alight. At a place of work. It was called a prank but I threw away a piece of evidence. A sketch depicting two stick figures. I was the one with a tyre around my neck... This was nearly a quarter of a century ago.

Jesus. That's terrible.

Christ almighty. Prank, ffs! Did anybody go down for this?

Considering the lack of reaction to actual systematic and institutionalised racism when it’s barked out loud and clear, I can only presume that the latest PE front cover is fact, not satire

49556349752_1eef70c082_b.jpg

Considering the lack of reaction to actual systematic and institutionalised racism when it’s barked out loud and clear, I can only presume that the latest PE front cover is fact, not satire

49556349752_1eef70c082_b.jpg
Wait a minute, Home Secretary looks far too intelligent.

The entire junta (we used to have a cabinet I believe) should be prosecuted under existing "Conspiracy to incite racial hatred" laws.

.. And I spent many weeks in hospital after being set alight. At a place of work. It was called a prank but I threw away a piece of evidence. A sketch depicting two stick figures. I was the one with a tyre around my neck... This was nearly a quarter of a century ago.

(Quoted only because I utterly cannot 'like' your post: but it needs to be recognised)

Christ almighty. Prank, ffs! Did anybody go down for this?
Quite!
I have no words for the repugnance of such a thing, nor the people & attitudes to conceive it a 'prank'.

(Quoted only because I utterly cannot 'like' your post: but it needs to be recognised)

Quite!
I have no words for the repugnance of such a thing, nor the people & attitudes to conceive it a 'prank'.

Apologies for the late reply... Yes, at the time, some colleagues and people referred to it as an accident. As a scared 16 year old kid, I did not keep the sketch. I also didn't disclose it at the time.

I stayed on for three years afterwards. The bullying did not stop. I've got an ability to sniff out nastiness and I challenge it wherever possible.

My journey in (local) Politics has just started. I hope I can make a difference. It is most concerning to read about individuals like Sabinsky.

Thinking about the new immigration rules and the way they disadvantage low skilled immigrants. Totally bananas: it'll bugger whole sectors, including care, without winning any goodwill from the anti-migrant Brexiteers (who need more care than most). Have to wonder if the strategy's been informed by the bats__t ideas about race, IQ and low skilled migration doing the rounds in right wing circles.

Construction as a sector, and one of the engines of the U.K. Economy * already struggling, is going to take a bath.

* long true, £1 spent on building in the Uk => £3 activity in the county's economy.
U.K. Gov has prob just lost that engine > 250k workers.

I suspect its likely just typical popularist Tory dog-whistle bullcrap as the idea clearly makes zero economic sense. Once its splashed over the hate-tabloids for a few weeks it will likely quietly vanish. I do suspect the life for those who are unemployed or on low-wage is about to get very miserable though. A lot of this looks like a setup for a future ‘work for your dole’ policy.

"Low paid" is a better description. Many skilled jobs (including NHS ones) fall below the thresholds.
It's a good point but they are actually using skill level as a distinct assessment criterion, and very aggressively. As regards care I have zero faith in their understanding of what skills that kind of work actually involves. This is going to be absolutely awful.

Thinking about the new immigration rules and the way they disadvantage low skilled immigrants. Totally bananas: it'll bugger whole sectors, including care, without winning any goodwill from the anti-migrant Brexiteers (who need more care than most). Have to wonder if the strategy's been informed by the bats__t ideas about race, IQ and low skilled migration doing the rounds in right wing circles.

Yes, in the care sector, there will be a massive shortfall of staff which will put additional burdens on the NHS because people cannot be released into an even more depleted care sector so they will remain in hospitals. And then there was Ms Patel showing everyone that the word hypocrisy has no meaning for her by letting us know that her parents would not have been allowed into the UK under the new arrangements.

advertisement

Back