advertisement

Trump Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary - technology enables corruption, and empowers psychopaths. Back in our hunter-gatherer times it would have been easy to "off" a psycho if they were upsetting the balance of the group. Now they can cloak themselves in the law, amass money and power and become untouchable.
Thus the attraction of anarchism. Alas, it doesn't scale.

I agree wholeheartedly too . How does one explain that however to a farmer in the mid West who is unfamiliar with Shakespeare or the markets but loves Fox?

Last Xmas, because my better half is the daughter of Iowan farmers, and we spent the holidays there (no alcohol, no sleeping in same bed; she's 35 and I'm nearly 50 btw) I had the opportunity to try. In between the "why can't you understand that Brexit must be good for your country because of refugees", etc, etc, I'm afraid I didn't get very far.

That said, these are good people, but just deluded - possibly through being exposed to social media bubbles for the first time. They may be my in-laws soon, and I didn't want to alienate them by being a smart-assed pinko Brit. And believe me, when you're travelling to church in the back of a Chevy pickup with a lot of geezers in overalls, with shotguns, that's not a comfortable idea.

The day after all 4 prosecutors are forced to resign, following pressure over their treatment of a friend of the President, a lawyer representing an accuser of the President is charged with extortion and faces up to 40 years in custody?

Avenatti is well dodgy though and there is no suggestion that anything about his treatment by the DOJ/SDNY or the courts has been anything other than correct or that it has been influenced by Trump in any way.

To be fair Matthew, the man had been a lawyer for 20 years and it was only in the last three that any suggestions of impropriety appear to have taken hold - the period he and his associates were investigating Trump. It was 2018, the year of the Stormy Daniels case, that the reputation started taking a pummelling.

The chain of events anyway either suggests a genuinely idiotic man trying to make a living from legal practice or something other than that. I have no argument whatsoever with the general perception of his being "well dodgy". I do have an interest in how that perception was attained however.

I have little doubt that the vast majority, if not all of the high profile lawyers in the US could be painted in a well dodgy light when required.

Judging by the way that Giulliani recently went about his tasks it would appear to be seen as a quality as opposed to being a flaw by some high profile clients.

To be fair Matthew, the man had been a lawyer for 20 years and it was only in the last three that any suggestions of impropriety appear to have taken hold - the period he and his associates were investigating Trump. It was 2018, the year of the Stormy Daniels case, that the reputation started taking a pummelling.

The chain of events anyway either suggests a genuinely idiotic man trying to make a living from legal practice or something other than that. I have no argument whatsoever with the general perception of his being "well dodgy". I do have an interest in how that perception was attained however.

His reputation far predates Stormy Daniels and all that case really changed was that he became much more widely known.

Last Xmas, because my better half is the daughter of Iowan farmers, and we spent the holidays there (no alcohol, no sleeping in same bed; she's 35 and I'm nearly 50 btw) I had the opportunity to try. In between the "why can't you understand that Brexit must be good for your country because of refugees", etc, etc, I'm afraid I didn't get very far.

That said, these are good people, but just deluded - possibly through being exposed to social media bubbles for the first time. They may be my in-laws soon, and I didn't want to alienate them by being a smart-assed pinko Brit. And believe me, when you're travelling to church in the back of a Chevy pickup with a lot of geezers in overalls, with shotguns, that's not a comfortable idea.
Did you get pastorised? My singular recollection of Iowa was having a serious febrile illness as a school boy in a large wooden house with a mad beagle just outside Des Moines. On the way there across the prairie from Chicago we saw a barn a blaze at night, following a lightening strike. I think it was a portent. Be careful out there.

His reputation far predates Stormy Daniels and all that case really changed was that he became much more widely known.

I was only going by Wiki to be fair Matthew - I've no direct knowledge of him or his goings on. I couldn't see anything prior to 2017 where he was found to have not paid an ex con $28k and later settled. That was about 6 months before the Stormy Daniels case was filed and around a year into the Trump presidency.

Of course, as I say, I suspect any (particularly when it comes to marital issues or sex scandals) high profile lawyer has skeletons in the closet - just as the President's confidant and legal representative Rudy would. I just couldn't find anything on Avenatti prior to the case with the ex con in late 2017.

Last edited:
Do you know why Minnesota isn’t part of Canada? It’s because Iowa sucks.

hook.

even though i'm possibly the most sophisticated meat machine on PFM and a relatively close neighbour, i have to point out that, from a meat machine perspective, in my specific location,* and despite my political interests, which extend far beyond the zone in question, it's sufficient to encode that illinois, iowa, minesota and the dakotas as a blob-like set somewhere to the west of me. actually, having been to chicago a couple of times and enjoyed both vienna beef and a pair of "brats" at a BBQ party, i definitely know illinois is closer, but the rest is not perfectly clear. all this to explain why i had to rely on google maps to appreciate your klobucharian effort at a joke here.

* ha -- oxford comma comes in handy

hook.

even though i'm possibly the most sophisticated meat machine on PFM and a relatively close neighbour, i have to point out that, from a meat machine perspective, in my specific location,* and despite my political interests, which extend far beyond the zone in question, it's sufficient to encode that illinois, iowa, minesota and the dakotas as a blob-like set somewhere to the west of me. actually, having been to chicago a couple of times and enjoyed both vienna beef and a pair of "brats" at a BBQ party, i definitely know illinois is closer, but the rest is not perfectly clear. all this to explain why i had to rely on google maps to appreciate your klobucharian effort at a joke here.

* ha -- oxford comma comes in handy

Vuk, if you lived here, you would understand just how big the differences are between midwestern states.

It goes way beyond meat. For example, Iowans are not very good at watching where they sit.

znvhZOn.jpg

Reactions: vuk
I always heard that joke as "Why doesn't Texas fall into the sea? Because Oklahoma sucks!" mostly in the context of NCAA Football.

Although obviously I am very much the Alpha Jock of PFM, so such bants come naturally to me.

in a similar spirit (fill in your "favourite" cities):

"what's the best thing about calgary? the highway to edmonton."

and...

"second prize prize is a two week free trip to cleveland. first prize is a two day free trip to cleveland."

I always heard that joke as "Why doesn't Texas fall into the sea? Because Oklahoma sucks!" mostly in the context of NCAA Football.

Although obviously I am very much the Alpha Jock of PFM, so such bants come naturally to me.

Or - What separates a Texan from an asshole?

The Red River.

Speaking of assholes,

Jewish-American-White-Nationalist, and White House Administration employee, Stephen Miller married the slightly less deplorable Press Secretary of VP Mike Pence on Sunday.

And the venue was, yes, you've guessed it, Trump International Hotel.

Obviously, the happy couple will begin breeding a new semitic-friendly Judaeo-Aryan Nations Hybrid in the White House, sometime before the next election (assuming they haven't already)!

Last edited:
Speaking of assholes,

Jewish-American-White-Nationalist, and White House Administration employee, Steven Miller married the slightly less deplorable Press Secretary of VP Mike Pence on Sunday.

And the venue was, yes, you've guessed it, Trump International Hotel.

Obviously, the happy couple will begin breeding a new semitic-friendly Judaeo-Aryan Nations Hybrid in the White House, sometime before the next election (assuming they haven't already)!

wow, this is not what i was expecting to see:

Q4kmcy4.jpg

i would have been in big trouble if you'd bet me that stephen miller managed to get a more attractive wife than joe jonas.

wow, this is not what i was expecting to see:

Q4kmcy4.jpg

i would have been in big trouble if you'd bet me that stephen miller managed to get a more attractive wife than joe jonas.

He must have a well-endowed wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back