advertisement

Storm Dennis

bit scratchy, I prefer a triple ply kleenex

Use the curtains

product_image_117_9_18_10_11_53.jpg

Been a dry day here in Norwich until an hour or more ago. Quite draughty here too, with short but violent gusts, Checked out my 6 element aerial on 12' pole/chimney with my bin's and lashings appear good.

The thread is timely - I’ve heard news that D.C Thomson, Scotland’s publisher of The Beano has had an action taken against it to remove the title of the famous cartoon character Dennis The Menace and replace it with Dennis The Boy With Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Been a dry day here in Norwich until an hour or more ago. Quite draughty here too, with short but violent gusts, Checked out my 6 element aerial on 12' pole/chimney with my bin's and lashings appear good.
Gin and Tonic followed by flatulence?

We are off to York the week after next hopefully it won't be as badly hit this time.

Pete

It’s managed to create/find a leak between my workshop/office roof and the wall (it’s a flat polycarbonate roof), I have water running down the wall. It’s going to need finding and fixing once the weather improves, I might need the wall plastered and I will definitely need new flooring, I can’t really work in there right now, the carpet is soaked through and the air is uncomfortably damp. It’s a pain in the arse but nothing on what some poor folk have suffered. I think I’m going to replace the carpet with Altro, it’s hard wearing and I could at least mop it if it happens again.

We are off to York the week after next hopefully it won't be as badly hit this time.

Pete

The river level is going to peak in the next 36 hours somewhere between 4.5 and 4.8m higher than the summer level which is lower than the record of 5.4m, but will cause a lot of flooding issues. The amazing thing is York is almost used to it so they seem able to cope and recover much faster than many places. It's one of my favourite places in the UK and I hope it isn't as bad as the predictions this time.

advertisement

Back