advertisement

Bloody Valentines bloody day.

Agree apart from Halloween - Most kids love it, and when out trick or treating with my son I've noticed some adults do too!
Well of course kids love it, but it's still a marketing exercise, and an American one at that. Lots of merchandising opportunities, unlike our native Guy Fawkes night, which apart from fireworks was always pretty much DIY. Also trivialising something of a religious nature, yet again.
BTW, who watched the proramme about Coca Cola last night? Santa, as we now know him, created by them in the 1930s?

Feckoff!

(My Father Jack impersonation.)

Clearly a new approach is needed. Perhaps one that includes injecting nano probes and surgically augmenting with cybernetic components...

MPs1ZF1.jpg

I asked my wife if she fancied a trip up town for a good meal and a 5 star hotel room. However, as she's 3 days from being induced, 6 months into gestational diabetes and we have no babysitter for our 3 year old, she declined.

I guess I'll be staying in and cleaning some records as previously planned.

Lidl only had the mankiest of flowers left so got two bottles of red and I think I'm in the clear.

I was out doing the weekly food shop at lunchtime today, and was amused by all the men buying supermarket flowers, and crap chocolates.
C'mon, if you're going to do it, try a bit harder eh?

My better half went to Marksie's last night so a dinner for two shared with the youngest. Which has been amusing.
Padded out with a Cartmel sticky toffee pudding.
No cards or flowers.

It is unbelievable how gullible people are when it comes to being conned by the "celebration" industry.

think i might have to suffer a visit to this !! but she`s worth it a million times over :D:D

well must confess that the Film Emma was actually very good , if you want to earn some brownie points , take your beloved there becuase they will LOVE it . wonderful gardens , costumes and old houses . filmed in lower slaughter

advertisement

Back