advertisement

Trump Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vuk,

I don't see anything in that article that supports that Mayor Pete is pretending to be gay. But even if he were just pretending, do you think that's an advantage electorally in the U.S.?

Joe

I don't see anything in that article that supports that Mayor Pete is pretending to be gay. But even if he were just pretending, do you think that's an advantage electorally in the U.S.?

i see what you're doing here. one day, when the two of us are on TV together, competing for something very important, you're going to accuse me of saying a gay person could never become president.

anyhow, i'm glad to take back that bit of hyperbole, but i do stand by my opinion of him as an insincere social climber.

@sean99-- is that you in the video below?

Vuk,

i see what you're doing here. one day, when the two of us are on TV together, competing for something very important, you're going to accuse me of saying a gay person could never become president.

No, I'm saying that I haven't seen any evidence that suggests that Mayor Pete is pretending to be gay. I'm not sure why any candidate for president would pretend to be gay and go that extra step of marrying a guy when he'd rather be with a women to just to make the gay ruse look believable. It would be absolutely zero advantage electorally. In fact, it would come with considerable disadvantage.

Now, I could see an atheist candidate pretending to be a true believer. In fact, that's likely what Trump is. Well, maybe I should qualify that. I'm sure he sees himself as an all-powerful god-like entity and he undoubtedly believes in himself, but it seems unlikely that Trump believes in the universe-creating-in-one-week-or-your-money-back kind of god that the evangelicals believe in.

anyhow, i'm glad to take back that bit of hyperbole, but i do stand by my opinion of him as an insincere social climber.

Thank you. It was a pointless diversion based on sweet-f-all, but I agree that Pete seems insincere.

Joe

Now, I could see an atheist candidate pretending to be a true believer. In fact, that's likely what Trump is. Well, maybe I should qualify that. I'm sure he sees himself as an all-powerful god-like entity and he undoubtedly believes in himself, but it seems unlikely that Trump believes in the universe-creating-in-one-week-or-your-money-back kind of god that the evangelicals believe in.

I don't think Trump is introspective enough to question the religion that Fred Trump taught him. So in that regard I believe him to be not so much a pretender as just not a critical thinker on the subject.

He laps it up, though, when evangelicals stand around him, place their hands on him and proclaim him to be the chosen one...

Vuk,

No, I'm saying that I haven't seen any evidence that suggests that Mayor Pete is pretending to be gay. I'm not sure why any candidate for president would pretend to be gay and go that extra step of marrying a guy when he'd rather be with a women to just to make the gay ruse look believable. It would be absolutely zero advantage electorally. In fact, it would come with considerable disadvantage.

Thank you. It was a pointless diversion based on sweet-f-all, but I agree that Pete seems insincere.

Joe

joe.

i thought it would be pretty obvious i was just taking the p***. it was just a rhetorical strategy to emphasize how insincere i believe him to be. i'm looking forward to amy K landing some more vicious blows in the next debate. it think she dislikes him more than i do.

p.s. how did you read that article so quickly?

I kind of thought something like that. You would imagine though that they could directly liaise with candidates in a less destructive fashion prior to a vote.

In the 21st Century, it is surely not necessary for each candidate to visit each state - nor is it viable.

To have State party leaders fly in to meet with the candidates over the course of, say, a fortnight, would undoubtedly be less intrusive to the vote.
They like to have candidates need favors as they seek to win the state primary.

Vuk,

I did that thing Mr. Data does — I processed huge amounts of data in a nanosecond using my neuro-tronic net.

Joe

Be careful Joe - some of those web sites may have viruses!

YkqjYla.jpg

Captain Hook,

The Iconian program is attempting to rewrite my software. Physical manifestations, blindness. Motor con...

Rebooting...

Ah, I am accessing. I am on the Enterprise. How did I get here? Iconia? I was on Iconia, now I am on the Enterprise.

Mr Data

I see only two choices. Reboot now, or grow crisis beard!

remember how awful riker was until he grew the crisis beard?

similar situation with worf, until he grew out the bobby vinton "short bob" hairdo.

It's sad that we see such corruption in the 21st century when technology should easily preclude it.

On the contrary - technology enables corruption, and empowers psychopaths. Back in our hunter-gatherer times it would have been easy to "off" a psycho if they were upsetting the balance of the group. Now they can cloak themselves in the law, amass money and power and become untouchable.

Watching the television news channels tonight, am I right?

The day after all 4 prosecutors are forced to resign, following pressure over their treatment of a friend of the President, a lawyer representing an accuser of the President is charged with extortion and faces up to 40 years in custody?

At the same time, the President is publicly stating that he was right to send his personal lawyer to interfere in Ukraine, that "Rudy was on his game”. These comments only months after the President denied he had even sent the man there?

Finally, having been impeached for some of above behaviour, only one brave dissenter could be found in the Senate. Having done so, that Senator has been relentlessly attacked across media - simply for fulfilling his sworn duty. Other public employees, who performed in a similar fashion have been fired from their positions as part of a perceived purge?

If this happened with a President in Umbongo Bongo Land, the likes of the US and others would be up in arms about corrupt regimes in third world Countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back