advertisement

Repairing Quad

hughjampton

pfm Member
Does anyone know if Quad still repair 303 amps? There is no mention of repairs on their website now. One channel blew on mine yesterday with a noise from the speaker like the roof falling off leaving the other still working.

I last had it overhauled about five or six years ago by Rob of Baker Audio but I don't think they're in business anymore. So assuming Quad still do repairs who apart from them is recommended for a repair job leaving it as standard nowadays please?

Quad will still service and repair all past kit.

Depending on your location, and as well as Jezz and Quad consider Amp Labs (in Worcester).

Carriage both ways can quite easily put 30 quid on the bill.

Jim

Quad will still service and repair all past kit.

Depending on your location, and as well as Jezz and Quad consider Amp Labs (in Worcester).

Carriage both ways can quite easily put 30 quid on the bill.

Jim

I'm a long way from most places in west Wales so shipping is the usual option. Anyone know of someone within a hundred or so miles of me? There was an approved Naim repairer in Shrewsbury where I took my Naim stuff to a few years ago but I don't know if he would do this.

I'm a long way from most places in west Wales so shipping is the usual option. Anyone know of someone within a hundred or so miles of me? There was an approved Naim repairer in Shrewsbury where I took my Naim stuff to a few years ago but I don't know if he would do this.
Creative Audio in Shrewsbury is closed nowadays as the owner retired.

Does anyone know if Quad still repair 303 amps? There is no mention of repairs on their website now.

Quad website has never been their strong point but their telephone number is shown - 01480 452561. They used to have a separate number for service/repairs - Rob Flain is the manager - but the main number will transfer you - always very helpful in my experience.

Rob Flain is a helpful chap.
You should be weary of dubious repairs that use different part references or equivalent parts when Quad still stock genuine parts.
A good recent exemple for me: a 405 transformer, or an FM4 processor.
Some people suggest the transformer should be replaced with a toroidal and an adapter plate: wrong!
Plus what Quad charges for those parts is amazingly low.

I'm pretty sure Rob of Baker Audio is a regular forum contributor here username: Robert

Jez can certainly do it.

advertisement

Back