advertisement

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a week in Perpignan in the summer at a campsite last year....it's alright. What it has that the east does not have is empty duney beaches with no buildings behind them.
I imagine that it's not too distant from my favourite rocky type of coastline so good for snorkling like that found in the Costa Brava. Whatever delights France has to offer I also relish being able to take a day trip to Palafrugell, Llafranc and similar places as well as the mountains.

^^ you mean we don't have £24 billion for hospitals ? Or £100bn for HS2 ? Etc etc
Surely there is a measly £5bn for buses ? Red buses. Big red buses.
Now we have taken back control and have no trade agreements there will be unlimited money for everything. Right ?
Boris got a masterclass from Trump: you don't tell one or two lies because you get caught. You tell more lies than people can keep up with. It becomes a blur. Then you repeat a feel good mantra over and over again.
that’s right, if you’re going to tell one make it a whopper then people will believe you wouldn’t sacrifice your reputation....oh wait, what is the reputation?

Just run that bus thingy past me again. I suppose they will be built at Wrights in NI, and by the looks of it, the treasury is footing the bill.

Now, let's say I'm Stagecoach or Arriva, are you going to give them to me to run at a profit, or what? Are they going to be free? Thanks, that's great, I'll declare a nice dividend on the books for my investors next year.

Well I suppose 1bn of the money was what Treeza promised the DUP last year

We used to run R4 vans. The engine was placed in backwards, with the gearbox at the front. The gear shift lever emerged from the dashboard, and comprised a rod that ran across the top of the engine and connected to a conventional gearstick. Once the cars had done a few miles and there was a bit of wear you would get to know the right revs, and could change gear without using the clutch. The synchromesh wasn't even necessary.

Yes same here it was often easier to just pop it in to gear without using the clutch. Syncro was only gone in first gear. Was great you would get a noise like a human grunting if you got it wrong. My wife learnt how to drive in it ;)
It was indestructible, it suffered the usual break-ins that involved bended back the door frame. Bend it back close to shape and off you went again. It also had a habit of one of the rear doors flying open on occasion.

It’s all Newspeak. The EU has no deal with Australia.

Leadsom was saying that we mustn’t mention the B word any more because it’s ‘all done now.’

All the more reason to keep mentioning Brexit!

Stephen
I just had an image of a bunch of badgers going "Brexit, Brexit, Brexit!"

Let us be under no illusions - no deal is what Bozo is going for, led on by the hardcore MP’s he has to keep on side, and simultaneously appeasing the Mail / Scum / Express readers who fink its a grate idear innit standsterreason. The subsequent suffering will be blamed on the EU or any other handy scapegoat, because they have painted themselves into a corner with lies, and there is no option now.

Let us be under no illusions - no deal is what Bozo is going for, led on by the hardcore MP’s he has to keep on side, and simultaneously appeasing the Mail / Scum / Express readers who fink its a grate idear innit standsterreason. The subsequent suffering will be blamed on the EU or any other handy scapegoat, because they have painted themselves into a corner with lies, and there is no option now.

a fairly likely outcome i would say. I still hold out a small hope that Johnson might have an eye on his position in history and pivot at the last minute to a soft Brexit when faced with the reality of a crash out.

a fairly likely outcome i would say. I still hold out a small hope that Johnson might have an eye on his position in history and pivot at the last minute to a soft Brexit when faced with the reality of a crash out.
The dependence on the EU for export sales is not so high that he would not consider it feasible that the gap can easily be filled and more with sales outside the EU.

This advert came up when I left the thread. Is it the ERG’s new lapel badge?

Nice badge!

Unfortunately I also think Bozo won’t hesitate to crash us out with no deal. There are plenty of wealthy tory supporters who will benefit, and ultimately he will be able to lay the blame squarely at the feet of the baying masses that voted for it. All those folk who yelled about democracy, and all those with no knowledge or experience of international trade yet demanded “Out now! We’ll be fine on WTO rules” etc etc.
They won, and they’ll need to face the reality of what that means and just gerroverrit.

I watched some of the EU first session back after Brexit, on youtube, the RO Ireland gang were wanting to relax the 3% spending limit. They had the tone of the Brexit party.

The dependence on the EU for export sales is not so high that he would not consider it feasible that the gap can easily be filled and more with sales outside the EU.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...r-brexit-optimism_uk_589097cae4b03ab749dda82d

This was one of the best speeches I ever heard in the H of C. To make up for loss of trade with the EU we need great trade deals elsewhere. It's just fantasy. What view do Brexiteers have on the impact on our carbon footprint if we vastly increase shipping and flights to buy and sell products so many thousands of miles away instead of on our doorstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back