advertisement

What are you listening to right now #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolutely brilliant. Best album with Mick Jagger on it since Goats Head Soup. Its superbness is even more astonishing considering it's a solo album by the washed up lead singer (and ex Mr Faye Dunaway) from a washed up bar band got-lucky. (Streaming from a CD RIP).

R-2423834-1444814222-1749.jpeg.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Global communication - 76 14

At last the vibes are back on
Got nothing going for it, clear vinyl, modern pressing, sounds ace. Bass is massive,
in fact when placing the stylus on I had to check to see if the t/t had slowed down, most disorientating.
Been cleaned, in a static free inner and a tad of static remains, will attack with the
Furetech before replacing in inner.

Bloss

Stanley Turrentine - 'Coming Your Way'. Vinyl.
Playing this, that to be honest I forgot I had, while awaiting the delayed Tone Poet reissue that I pre ordered and is now due on the 28th Feb. This is the 1987 reissue mastered by Ron McMaster in a digital transfer and it sounds really excellent, detailed and dynamic. No trace of digital artefacts that I can hear on this early transfer. Perhaps I should cancel the Tone Poet to reduce my vinyl spending? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back