advertisement

Which part of the (former) UK will rejoin the European Union first?

Which part of the former U.K. will rejoin the European Union first?

• Scotland

Votes: 42 41.2%
  • Northern Ireland

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Wales

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • None

Votes: 30 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of the most galling aspects of the Brexit threads on PFM is the way English members get called xenophobic as soon as they mention pride in their country whilst Decamoron and Co get away with expressing their love for all things Scottish without the taint.

Yeah, but Scotland didn't vote to leave :D Right now there's not much to love about England... IMO of course!

The Prime Minister has been dismissed twice for lying, a behaviour he seems to have cultivated. When you catch someone repeatedly telling demonstrable lies, the Oxford English Dictionary is unambiguous about the appropriate noun. Brexit itself is a lie on a grand scale and when it’s fully exposed, the fall out’s going to be something to see. The work of Johnson is to preserve the lie, in fear of the consequences and he’s going to need a large supply of scapegoats.

I think you need to accept that the public don't care once he is making noises that appear to be supporting the policies they believe in. I think focusing on this is falling into the same trap as the Democrats in the US. Not enough people care this is the new world. Maybe it was always that way. SNP, Democrats or whoever will have to come up with a formula that people buy in to if they want to get into power. Not nice but this is how 'grown ups' operate in the modern world.

You don’t watch rugby then, or follow sports news.

Previous page I posted a link.
Ah jasus I follow Loinster we are the best in Europe :) I hadn't read the article but tbh I would take any wining from that thuggish wind up merchant Jones with a pinch of salt. That England team are no angels. Fingers crossed Farrell's Dad has coached enough of Joe's conservative approach out of us Paddies for the upcoming game.

Ah jasus I follow Loinster we are the best in Europe :) I hadn't read the article but tbh I would take any wining from that thuggish wind up merchant Jones with a pinch of salt. That England team are no angels. Fingers crossed Farrell's Dad has coached enough of Joe's conservative approach out of us Paddies for the upcoming game.
Except it happened.

I can’t imagine the rage from the know-nowt sausages on this forum had it been England supporters behaving like the Scots.

Except it happened.

I can’t imagine the rage from the know-nowt sausages on this forum had it been England supporters behaving like the Scots.
Brian I have no axe to grind here. Noise when Farrell was taking penalties and an empty plastic bottle??? Are we splitting hairs here? I can't afford to give any of my few remaining hairs away. I think the attack on the ManCity bus by Liverpool fans a couple of years ago on the way to Anfield is the new benchmark. BTW I follow Leeds so be careful

One of the most galling aspects of the Brexit threads on PFM is the way English members get called xenophobic as soon as they mention pride in their country whilst Decamoron and Co get away with expressing their love for all things Scottish without the taint.
You don't get it, do you?

Hint - express national pride without supporting or being a supporter of the brexshitshow and you'll be hailed as a patriot. Otherwise yes, by christ, you're a tainted xenophobe.

Well my little purple-hatted scarey skull friend - that’s hypocrisy and shows you're full of shit.

Last edited:
So the strongest argument for independence is to become a very much non-independent vassal of Brussels, I guess in the probably vain hope that the latter will provide a bigger teat than England?
Having national control in most areas and ceding a few to Brussels vs All the important matters being controlled by London and only window dressing in Edinburgh?

It’s now a straight forward choice between two unions (and their respective values) -the United Kingdom and the larger European Union. Voters in Scotland chose to remain in Europe and reinforced that choice by electing a party committed to European Union membership and independence from the U.K.
The democratic choices made by the voters of Scotland ( and Northern Ireland) and those in England are strikingly different. In the context of Europe, they are now irreconcilable.

It’s now a straight forward choice between two unions (and their respective values) -the United Kingdom and the larger European Union. Voters in Scotland chose to remain in Europe and reinforced that choice by electing a party committed to European Union membership and independence from the U.K.
The democratic choices made by the voters of Scotland ( and Northern Ireland) and those in England are strikingly different. In the context of Europe, they are now irreconcilable.
I agree. But how are you going to persuade the tories to allow another referendum?

For the sake of accuracy because we see certain conclusions being thrown around in other threads. 1.24m people in Scotland opted for a party committed to EU membership and independence from the UK, 4.2m people did not.

You don't get it, do you?

Hint - express national pride without supporting or being a supporter of the brexshitshow and you'll be hailed as a patriot. Otherwise yes, by christ, you're a tainted xenophobe.

Utter bollox.

What a generous gift linking two future member states of the EU. It’ll certainly help mitigate the economic damage from Brexit

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Boris Pontifex Max
How deep is this barrel you're scraping? You're so obsessed with independence for Scotland you can't see the obvious.

Only 1.24m people in Scotland opted for the SNP while 4.2m people did not. According to Sturgeon, not all of those 1.24m voted SNP because they want independence from the UK. If (and it's a big if) the Tory Westminster govt fund this bridge/tunnel, what makes you think that will improve the chances of people voting for independence, swinging some of the 4.2m?

What a generous gift linking two future member states of the EU. It’ll certainly help mitigate the economic damage from Brexit

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Boris Pontifex Max. All that cement.
It would be if it contained any grain of truth. 20 Bn to build a bridge like that? You have to be having a laugh. Not even close. I'm no QS but I now bloody well that to build a new bit of factory recently on dry land by a road cost £25M. So for 1000 times that you can build a bridge across the sea, 12 miles plus long? What are they going to build it from, lollipop sticks?

It would be if it contained any grain of truth. 20 Bn to build a bridge like that? You have to be having a laugh. Not even close. I'm no QS but I now bloody well that to build a new bit of factory recently on dry land by a road cost £25M. So for 1000 times that you can build a bridge across the sea, 12 miles plus long? What are they going to build it from, lollipop sticks?
As you suggest, there is no truth in it. The thing is just a means of moving public money to the tory party and their supporters.

advertisement

Back