advertisement

2020 New Album Recommendations

Just heard a couple of tracks from the New Donald Fagan album.
True to form quality production.
Looking forward to its vinyl release later this year.

I’ll second the Khruangbin and LeonBridges EP, it’s excellent. Also enjoying Everything Else Has Gone Wrong by Bombay Bicycle Club.

Cheers BB

Lanterns on the Lake and Ghostpoet sounding promising from the early singles

Thanks for the tip on Ghostpoet. I bought the signed LP from Recordstore on the strength of that song. I listened to some of his earlier albums but nothing has grabbed me yet, which is your favourite?

Thanks for the tip on Ghostpoet. I bought the signed LP from Recordstore on the strength of that song. I listened to some of his earlier albums but nothing has grabbed me yet, which is your favourite?
I don't play him much tbh, but whenever I do I always think "Must listen to this more often". Dark Days + Canapes has been a real grower, and Shedding Skin before that was good as well. Haven't listened to the first two albums for a while now.

I was about to go ahead and buy Bonnielighthorsemen being a fan of Anais Mitchell but then I remembered I have Spotify so I can check it out first.

Sometimes I think I am moving away from vinyl, especially since I got Spotify. With kids etc I haven't time, money or even the space I had before.

Thanks for listening lols

Just had a listen to the new Destroyer album on headphones while walking into town.

Definitely merits a few more listens but not sure it's up there wit Kaputt or Poison Season, both of which I still play quite regularly.

Just having a listen to Makaya McCraven's reimagining of Gil Scott-Heron's final album, We're New Again, and it's sounding very good - possibly better than the original.

I listened to them them back to back yesterday. I really like the reimagining of the record - it does add something to the original material - but also still like the original. Interesting concept.

McCraven's own records are all well worth exploring

070 Shake - Modus Vivendi
Midori Hirano - Invisible Island
Against All Logic - 2017-2019
Beatrice Dillon - Workaround
Torres - Silver Tongue

^ **** yeah, Nicolas Jaar.

Just checked my email folder I use for keeping track of pre orders, a few I'm really looking forward to are Baxter Dury, Warm Digits and Caribou

advertisement

Back