advertisement

What are you listening to right now #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the black stuff.
R-8355111-1580658310-7424.jpeg.jpg

Still working my way through the Tubby Hayes box set. Now - Tubbs in N.Y. Some very nice Piano from Horace Parlan on this one. This one is Mono so playing with a Mono cartridge and its sounding pretty good. :)

Fred Simon - 'Dreamhouse', but of a blast from the past, on the naim label, I recall he used to be on the old forum quite a lot.

Fred Simon - 'Dreamhouse', but of a blast from the past, on the naim label, I recall he used to be on the old forum quite a lot.
I have a few of Fred’s naim vinyl test pressings.
Have all his LPs and CDs on all labels.
I’ve always been a bit pissed of that Naim could never bring Fred over to the UK to play.
There were loads of people on the old naim forum that would have put Fred and his family up for a day or two for a around the UK tour.
It never happened.:mad:

I have a few of Fred’s naim vinyl test pressings.
Have all his LPs and CDs on all labels.
I’ve always been a bit pissed of that Naim could never bring Fred over to the UK to play.
There were loads of people on the old naim forum that would have put Fred and his family up for a day or two for a around the UK tour.
It never happened.:mad:
I think I have 3 or 4 of his albums on CD, quality stuff. He was also a big fan of Shawn Colvin & I ended up buying a few of her albums on the back of it.

I'm actually sat listening to ( for the first time in decades) "Thriller".

I can't help but feel that P.Y.T. was most unfortunate with the benefit of hindsight.

The Who - A Quick One. Backtrack 8 Mono Vinyl. On my increasingly used cans. Great album, but so rough that I thought it was broken when I first bought it 30-odd years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back