advertisement

Reclocking USB signals - significant improvement !

I blindfolded myself, tripped over the ruddy thing and have been unconscious flat on my back for 3 hours. Hifi. You’ve just got to love it.

When I woke up everything was so only black I couldn’t find my way to the light switch. But then I realised I still had the blindfold on. I took it off but everything was still inky black.

My goodness this thing is good, I said to myself, before remembering I hadn’t even switched on my hifi before knocking myself out.

Maybe I’ll do some listening tomorrow without the blindfold. That will be much safer.
I'll look forward to your findings, assuming I can spot it amongst all the nay sayers!

All the research...all that money.....and that is the best he can do? I see this Phoenix perishing in its ashes.;)

Seven pages and likely will continue to go on and on. Thoughts, ideas, skeptics on both sides of the coin. There is no win. It all is quite funny in a way, as one could also argue about how good a speaker cable made of dog turds would sound, and which breed of dog would probably make the best sound, and why. In the end, its all shit. We buy what we buy for whatever reason we so choose.

I must also say though, hats off to anyone that comes on most any audio forum, and even half-ass attempts to do some type of testing, be it blind or otherwise, because no matter what, the person is usually going to get roasted along the way, not one hey thanks for your efforts, well done, etc. So, well done Fourlegs, carry on!

Check out the Innuos salesman at 1:15m when asked what the sonic benefits were. :rolleyes:

To be fair, he probably would have been more convincing in Portuguese, for me at least since I wouldn’t have understood anything he said and that vague look would have come over as shamanic mystique instead of technical cluelessness.

I must also say though, hats off to anyone that comes on most any audio forum, and even half-ass attempts to do some type of testing, be it blind or otherwise, because no matter what, the person is usually going to get roasted along the way, not one hey thanks for your efforts, well done, etc. So, well done Fourlegs, carry on!
I set a completely different standard for Trade Users compared to ordinary members. I enjoy reading about people’s preferences for sound, and am rarely critical. I can understand why one person might like big JBLs, another electrostatics, another ATCS, another valve systems, another Neumann KH310s. Indeed if you can’t understand why people like these different things then you’re possibly not much of a hifi enthusiast. But when a Trade User, with an obvious commercial interest, pops up and makes technical claims then with no evidence other than his self-certified golden-ears I will challenge them, whether it’s fourlegs saying that his £1400 cables improve a DAC or Purite saying all DACs sound the same (unless he sells them). Either they can produce some evidence to support their claims, or they can’t and the roasting is deserved. In the case of clean “hi-fi” USB compared to dirty PC USB it is perfectly possible, as HiFi News have done, to measure huge changes in the noise and jitter performance of some DACs. So, let’s see similar hard evidence for these products.

Just to be clear, I wouldn’t expect any of the DACs I sell to sound different ( unless you select a very different reconstruction filter) as they are all contemporary oversampling designs and all measure impeccably.
Keith.

Are you saying that you have a bizarre expectation bias that it will be an improvement?
No expectation one way or the other. Having followed his experiments before he started selling cables I’ll be interested in his findings.

I am getting weary of countless threads being derailed by keyboard warriors trying to look clever without bringing anything useful to the discussion.

I set a completely different standard for Trade Users compared to ordinary members. I enjoy reading about people’s preferences for sound, and am rarely critical. I can understand why one person might like big JBLs, another electrostatics, another ATCS, another valve systems, another Neumann KH310s. Indeed if you can’t understand why people like these different things then you’re possibly not much of a hifi enthusiast. But when a Trade User, with an obvious commercial interest, pops up and makes technical claims then with no evidence other than his self-certified golden-ears I will challenge them, whether it’s fourlegs saying that his £1400 cables improve a DAC or Purite saying all DACs sound the same (unless he sells them). Either they can produce some evidence to support their claims, or they can’t and the roasting is deserved. In the case of clean “hi-fi” USB compared to dirty PC USB it is perfectly possible, as HiFi News have done, to measure huge changes in the noise and jitter performance of some DACs. So, let’s see similar hard evidence for these products.

The only person who ever brings up the subject of my cables on here is you. ;) But thank you for reliably bringing them to everyone's attention. I must arrange a suitable fee to reward you.:)

No expectation one way or the other. Having followed his experiments before he started selling cables I’ll be interested in his findings.

I am getting weary of countless threads being derailed by keyboard warriors trying to look clever without bringing anything useful to the discussion.
Me too. The thread is about usb reclocking. I feel the onus is on those purporting to it’s effectiveness to bring something useful to the discussion by way of some form of evidence. Blather about a wider soundstage isn’t good enough.

To give customers a choice and make money, just like Innuos. I have nothing whatsoever against Innuos, Fourlegs or anyone else doing the same. The difference is Keith thinks they sound the same (I don’t agree) whilst the others claim significant benefits in more expensive products.

All I hope for is some substantive evidence, no matter who is selling what. That’s just me, I have no problem with others trusting their ears, finding other reasons for purchase. That’s not my business but things in a forum audio room should expect technical scrutiny.

The March DAC ( Khadas) is £350 but it is a straight DAC , no volume etc, the RME units are packed with features A/D, D/A built in EQ the outlier in terms of price is the Mola Tambaqui, ASR just measured and found it to be the finest measuring dac available, unfortunately it is much more expensive.
I don’t set the prices, unfortunately .
Keith

I am getting tired of Trade Vendors making bogus claims. If they want to bring something useful to the discussion it would be a relevant measurement or a public demonstration of their ability to hear the effects they claim for their products. Either of those would be very useful.

Andy you believe that Chord DACs sound better than anything else, yet there is no evidence from their measurements that they do.
Perhaps both you and Nick could take the same unsighted public comparison?
Keith

advertisement

Back