advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

It would be a bit of a bummer if the response is “Well, we’ve listened and it’s not as good as what’s out there, we need to have a rethink.....”

It would be a bit of a bummer if the response is “Well, we’ve listened and it’s not as good as what’s out there, we need to have a rethink.....”
Oh how we’d all chuckle at that and tell John to take however long it takes to get it right. And people complain that brexit took over 3 years .....

I haven't signed up for one. I was funding the r and d directly by buying john parts on my mouser acct way before it was opened up to others. If you check back, you'll see it was me who originally started the very first Mdac 1 thread on pink fish, nearly ten years ago.

I met JW 3yrs or so ago at the Bristol show where he assured me that the Detox was going to ship within months. Quite a personable character but I do suspect he's on the spectrum. Although I've paid a total of £450 (I think - it's so long ago!), I feel disappoint rather than contempt. The money I paid never got me on his official list & neither an explanation from Renata as to why not.
I would surmise that without the backing of a whole team & deadlines, technology is moving too fast to keep up with for just 2 people. I'm still happy enough with my M-DAC+.

83403525_916295332106609_2821128862987976704_o.jpg

This thread is for project stakeholders only. Its scope is clearly stated in the opening post. I hoofed a few rubber-necking bystanders. If you haven’t paid into the project do not post on this thread!
Well I have and you deleted mine!

If someone could loan John a pair of nCore nc400 for the listening test I’d be interested to hear what they thought...

Is it my imagination, but isn't that sort of what happened to the ESS 9038 version? Or at least one of the versions of what happened?

advertisement

Back