advertisement

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d struggle to think Britain was one of the three most powerful states in the EU, cosignatory to its major treaties. Instead it’s portrayed by the Francois seething tomatoes, the metric martyrs, the Bridgen turnip pickers and the true blue Tamworth grunters as a burning injustice visited upon them. All that prison camp guard/ punishment beating sadomasochistic stuff- it’s “Carry On” meets “No Sex Please We’re British”.
Now at the moment of Liberation, they can’t even get their giant Victorian phallic symbol to bong because it’s buggered. It’s utterly hilarious- I’m going to have a good laugh on January 31st.

Last edited:
You’d struggle to think Britain was one of the three most powerful states in the EU, cosignatory to its major treaties. Instead it’s portrayed by the Francois seething tomatoes, the metric martyrs, the Bridgen turnip pickers and the true blue Tamworth grunters as a burning injustice visited upon them. It reminds me of the legion of US citizens who’ve claimed to be abducted by space aliens and had experiments done on them. All that prison camp guard/ punishment beating sadomasochistic stuff- it’s “Carry On” meets “No Sex Please We’re British”.
Now at the moment of Liberation, they can’t even get their giant Victorian phallic symbol to bong because it’s buggered. It’s utterly hilarious- I’m going to have a good laugh on January 31st.
Thankfully, not many peoole think like you. There are plenty here in Strasbourg and Kehl that say encouraging stuff to me, that they think it will work out well for UK.
Probably not as many as say stuff like wtf did you do, you crazy bastards. But a surprising amount of people.

Personally I was expecting France to have moved into a comfortable second position in the EU economy by now. But the only way that is going to happen is following the UK departure. They had 3 years to steal a march in the turbulence. But of course they have many problems that to me are harder to solve than re-learning how to operate outside the clique. Start with pensions. Now that IS funny. Give me some clues as to how they can sort that one. It's like guns for America. No-one wants to let go. And why would you. 2/3 of my final 3 years salary for the rest of my life. Yes please. You can shove your 7 grand in the UK.

It's like guns for America. No-one wants to let go. And why would you. 2/3 of my final 3 years salary for the rest of my life. Yes please. You can shove your 7 grand in the UK.

Ireland is same as the UK occupational pensions are same as in France. Either 2/3 final salary or 1/2 and a lump sum of a year/half. That was the normal. BJ and de Berks have figured out that costs lots of money so that is being dismantled. More quickly probably in the UK as you folk are more focused on Brexit and blaming foreigners. Defo the French social conditions are overall far superior than the UK. But all the rich and famous in the UK fancy very big pensions. CEO's get crazy benefits. Lots of bankers get very well rewarded. French have always fought hard to protect their rights. Some of the excesses for execs and french citizens are hard to take but I think it is harder to take the pittance that is handed out in the UK. That is nothing to be proud of.

Ireland is same as the UK occupational pensions are same as in France. Either 2/3 final salary or 1/2 and a lump sum of a year/half. That was the normal. BJ and de Berks have figured out that costs lots of money so that is being dismantled. More quickly probably in the UK as you folk are more focused on Brexit and blaming foreigners. Defo the French social conditions are overall far superior than the UK. But all the rich and famous in the UK fancy very big pensions. CEO's get crazy benefits. Lots of bankers get very well rewarded. French have always fought hard to protect their rights. Some of the excesses for execs and french citizens are hard to take but I think it is harder to take the pittance that is handed out in the UK. That is nothing to be proud of.
Are you comparing occupational pensions in one country vs state pensions in another?

Are you comparing occupational pensions in one country vs state pensions in another?
no state pensions in UK and Ireland are at those levels. Occupational pensions in Ireland and UK are being diminished and moved to defined contribution. Most only have state pension. Basically poverty in old age. French are fighting that. I accept there is no cheap answer but the Brexit majority I reckon would be far better off fighting that fight rather than focusing on an imaginary enemy.

no state pensions in UK and Ireland are at those levels. Occupational pensions in Ireland and UK are being diminished and moved to defined contribution. Most only have state pension. Basically poverty in old age. French are fighting that. I accept there is no cheap answer but the Brexit majority I reckon would be far better off fighting that fight rather than focusing on an imaginary enemy.
Right, understood....I am not lobbing anti- France bombs here. Simply saying that the country appears to have a crisis regarding pensions. Where's the money going to come from?

Macron is out of ideas and this was a really blunt tool that was never going to work: https://www.pionline.com/legislation/france-abandons-proposal-raise-retirement-age

I believe it was the wife of Sir Arthur Strieve-Griebling... or is that Grieve-Striebling? .. who.. when lowered into a well to gather Tadpoles for 'Peche a la Frog', or is that 'Frog a la Peche'.... could only exclaim.. 'Holy Chriiiisst!!!'

I feel much the same...

[reminds me of an hilarious faux-pas made in approaching my O-level French: péché.

Yep last weekend I went sinning, not fishing...

Mdme. Interlocutor had a good sense of humour. And I passed.]

I'm more interested in how you get accents into the text you post here.. Despite my exquisite 1965 Cambridge Board Grade 6 Pass (just) in French.. I cannot figure out how to use anything outside of normal text in here.

Je sui desole...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back