advertisement

The classical what are you listening to now ? thread.

Walter Gieseking playing Op. 31/2, 31/3, 49/2 and 53 from his EMI recordings from this Japan box set which I finally managed to find.

R-13135806-1548687934-4077.jpeg.jpg

I played my first classical piece of music in 2020 last night and the chosen piece was... the mighty Mahler 3 by Abbado-Lucerne FO :)

A day of the symphonies and concertos of the Finnish composer Rautavaara. Very chilled and preferred to Sibelius perhaps.

A day of the symphonies and concertos of the Finnish composer Rautavaara. Very chilled and preferred to Sibelius perhaps.

I think its what happened if Messiaen met Sibelius and they had a long but inconclusive conversation.

I'm listening to some guys in a square in Poland playing Bach on accordions.
It's quite wonderful and To this day I still wonder how people with so much musical Talent Stii Have to busk to make a living ?

I'm listening to some guys in a square in Poland playing Bach on accordions.
It's quite wonderful and To this day I still wonder how people with so much musical Talent Stii Have to busk to make a living ?
Yes,I’ve been very impressed,over the years,at the musicianship of some Eastern Europeans busking in our streets.

I’d forgotten how beautiful Johann Hummel’s piano concertos are.
Another child prodigy.He lived as a student for a few years with Mozart and later also had Salieri and Haydn as teachers.Enormously popular in his day but his music almost disappeared after his death.Has made something of a comeback in recent years.
This is a gorgeous recording.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000013Z4/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
51V15-mRGsL._AC_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Anyone else enjoying R3's NGA celebration day?

As my interest in BBC TV offerings diminishes towards zero, resentment of the license fee has increased year on year.
But this enlightened programme compensates for a lot.

I'm currently listening to Sibelius 1 from this box set (currently priced £19.24) :)

81VfDmgWvkL._AC_UY218_ML3_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back