advertisement

Amazon - The Art of electronics (hardback) for £23.50

Maybe we could do a slow pace 'learning together' type of thread, working through the book, experimenting and supporting each other :)

I've decided to read the first fairly substantial 'introduction' chapter (several times if necessary) to hopefully get the basic concepts understood rather better than I have at present. Beyond that I suspect it is a reference book as far as I'm concerned, i.e. something to dip into if I understand the issue sufficiently to at least ask the right question! To be honest my ambition is very limited, I can already recap/service working vintage kit assuming I have a service manual that explains how to set any voltages, bias etc. I'd like to add a better understanding of what things are doing and even a bit of fault-finding both here with audio and with my other interest in vintage computing. I've no expectations of ever designing anything, my interest really doesn't extend beyond sympathetic restoration. I just like being able to maintain my own kit and have already taken a soldering iron to most of it!

Those nice people at Amazon delivered me a copy today. My first ever delve into the practical side of electronics.

Mine did arrive yesterday as they promised
Started reading and I like the style... though probably above me at the moment...but as others have said ...a great reference and learning book... money well spent I think!!

Mine just arrived :D I am going to take it and read whilst my daughter has her swimming lesson. There is only so much doggy paddle one can watch :)

Thanks sam

As mentioned...mine was confirmed as being delivered in a week's time...then it was delivered yesterday
Yours may well come sooner

As mentioned...mine was confirmed as being delivered in a week's time...then it was delivered yesterday
Yours may well come sooner
Are you a fortune teller by any chance, it has just this minute arrived.
I am sure it makes sense in somebody's universe
If you happened to have any tips for tuesday's lottery numbers......

advertisement

Back