advertisement

Naim CD5

Will do so.
Thanks
Where can I buy brand new pucks for cheapskate price? :)
Don't wan to buy on ebay as I don't know if parts are brand new or sold as new but they are used or worn?

Last year I ordered two new CDX clamp 3 pucks from Cymbiosis in UK.
Cost around £45 with delivery

I believe same clamp match CD5

Concur. I thought my CD5 was dying - stopped reading some CDs - but then realized that the rubber pads on the puck had gotten old, stiff and worn. They no longer gripped the CD tightly enough so it would slip on startup. Naim seems to have a very fast ramp-up speed when reading the TOC. Roughing up the rubber pads helped as a temporary measure but a new puck solved the problem.

same here! i ended up getting the "Clamp 5", which has no rubber grommets -- ergo nothing to wear out or get flat -- yet works fine on my CD5.

Years ago I heard someone mention inserting small strips of rubber inside the grommets to bulk them up. Seems like a perfectly good idea to me or simply replace the grommets. All they are is little sections of rubber tubing.

I still liked having two for the times I spun the puck inside the player! ;0)

yes, i've had no problems using it. (unlike the one with the rubber grommets, which was a real pain in the ass.)

Thanks.

Naim doesn't list clamp5 to fit CD5?
Why don't they say one clamp fits all cd-players as a universal?

Do you recommend clamp5 over clamp3?

Thanks.

Naim doesn't list clamp5 to fit CD5?
Why don't they say one clamp fits all cd-players as a universal?

Do you recommend clamp5 over clamp3?

i'm not sure why Naim doesn't list the Clamp 5 as recommended for earlier CD players -- but i can tell you for sure that it works just fine!

i'm not sure why Naim doesn't list the Clamp 5 as recommended for earlier CD players -- but i can tell you for sure that it works just fine!

The older players use 'minimal clamping force' through the rubbers on the pucks, for sound quality reasons. Therefore they don't recommend it. I say the clamp5 works fine on every single player they make and have ever made that I use it exclusively now.

advertisement

Back