38yrs a Naim owner
Looking to replace the speaker sockets in the back of an amp
They will need to accept 4mm speaker plugs

Would like them to be deep enough to take my 18mm long plugs

Any recommendations please? ...not looking to spend silly money...say £5/6 each

Thanks

I've just been through the same search, and got these
eBay item number:
They came quickly and I'm more than happy with them!

eBay item number:

They do look ok
Did you solder to them and was the plastic ok with the heat
How deep are they roughly ...ie how far will the plug push into them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I haven't fitted them yet, collecting items for a build :)
I have tried a 4mm plug in the end, about 18mm depth, they are a lot better quality than expected.

The plastic shouldn't be a problem with soldering as the outer knob screws right off & you could use something as a heatsink on the centre shaft if you are concerned.
Internal fitting is by a screw as well as solder, so if wire is well tinned there shouldn't be too much heat transfer.

eBay item number:
There are many posts that look like this, and the quality is extremely variable. IME, the shinier they are, the cheaper they are. CMC posts (genuine ones) have been good quality.

I put CMC ones in the back of the amps I sell. I'll happily sell you a set for cost which is about a tenner.theybe for a solder cup and grub screw so two ways to connect wire.

I put CMC ones in the back of the amps I sell. I'll happily sell you a set for cost which is about a tenner.theybe for a solder cup and grub screw so two ways to connect wire.

Are you sure you are happy to do that?
I would be very grateful as I don't want to get caught with copies as I'm looking for an upgrade on what I have
Would be looking for 4 sockets if possible...2 X red and two other colour ...and don't need the ones for a thick back panel as mine is only 3mm thick

I'll pm you

That's fine, I don't make a habit of it, but I'm having a good day. Only hitch is I'm away all weekend and Monday too. I will have forgotten by Tuesday so if you can wait that long, PM me again then.

Stefan

advertisement

Back