advertisement

Werner Mayrhuber

Hi everyone, got a new Well Tempered Amadeus GTA II as a christmas present, should run with Naim superstar (mc low system), any ideas for cartridges? Budget not above € 1000,-
Thanks for replies,
Werner

In addition I want to tell you most of my listening is classical: orchestra as well as chamber music, sometimes a little bit of fine jazz music!

I don't know your t/t, except by repute, but with your tastes, I'd be tempted to go for the best Benz in your budget, whether that be new or used/ex dem. I had the Ebony LP within short audio memory of Lyra, Koetsu and Transfiguration. Slightly leaning towards warm (but nowhere near Koetsu); also detailed dynamic. Okay in medium mass arms, too.

The l.o. Hanas do represent an alternative, but I only know what I've read about these.

Wow, thanks for so much response. Anyone experience with "high-end turntables.com" in Lausanne/Switzerland? They sell a Benz micro glider sl for a very interesting price!

Personally I would be more worried about which taxi and pizza delivery services your Superline picks up while your trying to listen to records.
Mine was a bloody nightmare.
The Naim Prefix before it was wonderful.
Ended up with a Linn Urika.

a Dynavector 20x2L or XX2 would be a great choice and by all accounts work well with the Superline. my local NYC dealers (who have reliably good taste) recommend EMT cartridges with WT turntables -- something to look into, though I don't know how well the EMTs would play with your Superline.

DVXX2

———

Sorry have read the rest of the thread and the Benz would suit your taste as would the Dynavector Diamond mentioned.

advertisement

Back