advertisement

Merry Christmas

Had Xmas Day Dinner with 220 recovering addicts/alcoholics in a building opposite The Oval cricket ground in London. Didn't win the Raffle or Quiz, but it was a hoot and the food was great.

Happy Christmas to Tony, the mods and all on pfm ... except the Tories and those who voted for Johnson.

Jack

49274647666_086f68d7f0_b.jpg

Happy Christmas to everyone red and horny, from Betsy

Happy Xmas all!

Yet another on my own here but enjoying a quiet and relaxing day, a few beers, Radio 6's eclectic curation of music in the background, and thinking (maybe slightly guiltily!?) that at the end of the day at least it's one hell of a lot less stressful and chaotic than many a traditional xmas day I've had in the past! :)

My wife is Italian American so Christmas is Italian food and about five courses.

Yup -- antipasto, lasagna or manicotti, then the turkey. This was actually good preparation for going veggie: you just do the first two, minus the cured meats!

At any rate, merry Christmas from New York City!

Well, looks like it's impossible to get p**sed on Baileys. Too sickly...

There`s no end to them, every year there are more, however many you kill they just keep on coming.....
The Christmas I did for Bernard M we killed and processed 2 million birds in 6 weeks, 50,000 a day, across 2 shifts. Lorry after lorry, in and out. There are some mouths to feed at this time of year.

Duck here. Nobody here likes turkey. I have nothing against it, heaven knows I've killed enough of them, but I'd rather have a chicken or anything else.
You’ve obviously never had to take out a cassowary, with your bare hands. The sight of that leg hanging out the oven door still gives me flashbacks.

Indeed not. They're a big old thing to tackle. Pheasants and rabbits are easy, a pull and a twist. But a cassowary, all those long legs kicking hell out of you, I bet it's a right handful.

Hope you all had a good day. We had a duck and an amazing cockerel. Best chicken I have had in years. Last few years have been Rib of Beef, Goose (rotisserie on Weber) and a whole huge Salmon. Love to do something different after many years of Turkey.

Finishing the day off with Nikka from the Barrel.

Cheers All

I hope you all had a great day. I have to do it all again tomorrow and right now that feels like a very bad plan.

advertisement

Back