advertisement

which one make vinyl system?

Rockmeister

pfm Member
Just for some post election gloom relief:)
You have to nominate one HiFi company whose products you'd trust to supply every major component in a beautiful sounding Vinyl only system. Open Budget. Cables and stands excluded. You need a:
Deck/arm/cartridge, amp(s) and loudspeakers.

It's okay if the bits, or some of them, are part made by, or made from parts supplied by, 'others'. Forget the pedantry, this is for fun only.

I nominate,
Audio Note UK

Their best front end: AudioNote TT3 / arm 3/ IO Gold
A modest (ish) integrated amp: Meishu phono silver tonmeister
An SUT for the IO: AN-S4 L
and because my room is smaller and I love their sound anyway, a pair of : AN-J SPE Hemp speakers.

Bound to cost half a house!
Your go :)

I wouldn't get past Audio Note. I've never heard their turntables but if I was forced down a one make road then I would be 100% fine with AN, no I'd be deliriously happy with it. More than half a house too.... In fact I'd be happy with your pick, even replacing the Meishu with OTO Sig and LX Hemp....

Rega or Roksan. It would have been Linn but you’d have to buy a DSM streamer/preamp if you’re buying new, which means you can’t buy a vinyl only Linn system new!

I’ve always liked Yam... very under rated here I think. Remember hearing the ‘piano’ speakers ten years back or so and really enjoying the sound.

Looks like Technics would be an option too. SU-G700 amp, SB-G90 speakers and your choice of turntable for a "Grand Class" system. Funnily enough their "Reference Class" system seems to be geared around digital with no phono pre-amp in evidence.

Would love to hear that system. Have you heard / own the system.

I was involved in the review of the speakers for Hi-Fi News - David Price and I spent the evening alternately feeding them with sensible review material, and thrashing them. They really are superb.

Yamaha had the full setup in Munich this year. Yes it was at a hi-fi show, yes the music was mostly safe noodly dross and yes, it was in one of the pre-fab downstairs booths in a hall but, for all that, it sounded lovely!

Rega would fit the bill at various price points. If you are in GB service should be easy peasy lemon squeezy.

advertisement

Back