advertisement

Election night 2019 / aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brexit is strong in this part of the world, sadly, voting Tory to get it done seems not to be beyond even the likes of Bolsover!

Farage has been in and around all the towns around me for about the last 3-4 weeks straight, drumming up tactical Tory support.
That’s one of the tragedies of this campaign- that the far racist right didn’t split the Tory vote and allow a Labour minority government to get through. As for low income Labour voters switching to the Tories I am bloody speechless.

I hope all of the Tory MPs from Scotland who shamelessly praised Johnson and Brexit as being good for Scotland, get the boot tonight.

Looking increasingly likely, I voted SNP in a tory marginal, Jim Murphy's old seat, Eastwood, which has traditionally been tory since about the 30s but has switched constantly since 1997.

This is far, far worse than ‘79. This will split the UK itself up (no way Scotland will put up with this shit, nor will NI) and England will end up economically and socially like Brazil or wherever. It is death spiral time, just try not to be poor or ill for the next five years.

At least we won’t end up like Venezuela under Corbyn.

You're as culpable as any Tory voter for the result today. Give the preaching a rest.
It's fact. The Tory roll has been happening since 2010, since Cameron entered the scene. Boris just needed to turn up & promise lot's of the usual bullshit to the masses.

I voted Labour after weeks of effort to spread the word of the party so please, give it a break. If you are naive enough to believe Brexit has caused a Tory Majority then you havn't been speaking to people around the country. Brexit was way down the list in many northern areas & in the Midlands with most claiming they just don't trust Corbyn but do trust Boris.

The propaganda paid off, as it usually does.

What a scumbag Farage is. BBC shouldn't be pandering to him given they'll get no seats and very little of the vote.

Sociopaths have no problems with doubt, remorse or empathy which explains much about “that woman”.
If you took the time to watch the programme, you would see that she had plenty of doubts throughout her tenure and a good deal of empathy too. The term you use for her was common back then and spoke volumes about the people who used it.

Ray

It's fact. The Tory roll has been happening since 2010, since Cameron entered the scene. Boris just needed to turn up & promise lot's of the usual bullshit to the masses.

I voted Labour after weeks of effort to spread the word of the party so please, give it a break. If you are naive enough to believe Brexit has caused a Tory Majority then you havn't been speaking to people around the country. Brexit was way down the list in many northern areas & in the Midlands with most claiming they just don't trust Corbyn but do trust Boris.

Brexit was the making of this appalling Tory Party.

What are you on about, this was 100% a Brexit GE.

Lib Dems pitched on ditching A50 and they have done terribly, Labour have been wishy washy on Brexit and are doing terribly, Tories have pitched on one single subject...Brexit.

Alan Johnson: “It’s Corbyn....We knew he was incapable of leading. We knew he was worse than useless and lacked all the qualities to lead a party...."

'... of comfort no man speak:
Let’s talk of graves, of worms, and epitaphs;
Make dust our paper and with rainy eyes
Write sorrow on the bosom of the earth,
Let’s choose executors and talk of wills'

There is the very real possibility that many northern city councils will go bust such is the funding/ rates situation. The deprivation is worse than the 80's , my biggest worry is the victimisation of immigrants and other minorities will continue as they'll never put these things right and scapegoats will be mandatory. Nasty is now in power with a large majority and its social conscience i.e. Old school Tories have been eliminated. Irish passports for me and mine now, time for my kids to get out of Dodge.

What are you on about, this was 100% a Brexit GE.

Lib Dems pitched on ditching A50 and they have done terribly, Labour have been wishy washy on Brexit and are doing terribly, Tories have pitched on one single subject...Brexit.
I heard very different when speaking face to face with people. The NHS & policing were the top priorities with many claiming they had lost interest in Brexit. 40 new hospitals (right) & claims of increased staff & doctors fed by Santa Claus was a gift to tempting to resist & felt Corbyn would bankrupt the country for future generations. I'm just saying what we heard in the real world rather than on polls or social media sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back