advertisement

Winter election III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a young lady that works at Cheltenham general hospital last night and she said she asked the nurse she works with who she's voting for and the reply was Tory. Although she didn't say anything to the nurse she was a bit offended because she's Polish... It's quite worrying when nurses are voting Tory (hope she's in the minority).

Also interesting that when I asked her opinion of the little boy that was left on the hospital floor, she said it was fake news. I told her it was true and on the BBC website.

...if you want press neutrality you find it in the MS.
49207819347_f1ea97c631_o.jpg

Any talk of big majorities for Tories seems very odd to me. I mean anything could happen but youth engagement is off the scale this time, new voter registration is unprecedented, BAME vote is solid, "don't knows" are mostly women who mostly hate Johnson, Tories have been defending their own marginals rather than attacking Labour's: best case scenario for the Tories IMO is they come out of this with no losses, having traded some of their wets for (unpredictable) fanatics.

Anyway, anyone can canvas: find a marginal here:

https://www.mycampaignmap.com

At least call the young and old people in your lives. Some of these marginals will turn on a dozen votes. Conservatives could be gone by tomorrow.

Jeremy Corbyn is the 8-track cartridge of British politics. It was shit, even at the time, back in the 1970s. But still wobbling on, after all these years, on a continuous loop.
...and Boris is an unspooled cassette lying in a roadside ditch, discarded for it's utter uselessness...

Conspicuous by their absence in all the vox pops were the younger voters-old peoples homes, WI's, pigeon fanciers clubs etc featured heavily..I'm optimistic-my lad voted at 7.05 this morning......

PS, if anyone thinks that was a bit harsh, just google cultural Marxism.

Or maybe peruse this https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-for-rightwingers-who-love-to-play-the-victim
Actually, that's an excellent article once you read beyond the misleading headline. I don't see a formal conspiracy -- just group- and doublethink, conscious or otherwise, although it suits the article's purpose to frame it in such terms. For the most part it seems factually accurate, and its major 'problem' is that if one reads it from a viewpoint which Wonko The Sane would have termed "Outside the Asylum", it rather shoots itself in the foot, and ends up almost making the very case it attempts to destroy. Specifically:

"Anyone who takes a cool look at the last three decades of politics will think it bizarre that anyone could interpret what’s happened as the triumph of an all-powerful left."
Apart from the fact that I wouldn't call the Left "all-powerful" (I would have used "disproportionately influential" or something, but of course I understand that the author has to use these terms, since he is seeking to point from inside the asylum outward, while passing comment to his fellow inmates with an sub-text of "We, the wise"), I would argue that this is more or less exactly what has happened.

Your swivel eyed labelling of moderate left wing policies (to the right of the 60's Wilson government) as 'extreme' calls into question any pretence of clarity of vision on your part mate.

No more so than the daft and offensive 'Reich' references mate.

I don't think McDonnell will go, he'll have his hands full trying to ensure a suitable person (to him) takes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back