advertisement

Question Time

EM on Newsnight OMG Utterly bizarre line of questioning. Boris has visited more hospitals than Corbyn so we are to assume he cares more or JC doesn’t care enough.

Fifth largest employer in the world, it's madness. Needs deconstructing and putting back together properly. The amount of flotsam in the organisation is massive... it's just not sustainable in its current guise.

Some years ago my renal consultant told me he was changing my meds, I told him I had just collected next months supply from the pharmacy.

Take them back to the pharmacy he told me , they will 'dispose' of them (he meant incinerate).
Costing ???

My GP had told me these tablets cost £ 5 each and I was taking 6 per day, so this monthly prescription had cost the NHS C. £1000 pounds..........

It did not come from my consultants pay - why should he be concerned. The boxes were all still sealed yet they could not re-use them or send them to a 3rd world country.

Shameful.

Having said that the treatment I received was first class. Contrary to the politicians who use the NHS as a vote winning political football.

Greater shame on those politicians, and their 'followers'.

Some years ago my renal consultant told me he was changing my meds, I told him I had just collected next months supply from the pharmacy.

Take them back to the pharmacy he told me , they will 'dispose' of them (he meant incinerate).
Costing ???

My GP had told me these tablets cost £ 5 each and I was taking 6 per day, so this monthly prescription had cost the NHS C. £1000 pounds..........

It did not come from my consultants pay - why should he be concerned. The boxes were all still sealed yet they could not re-use them or send them to a 3rd world country.

Shameful.

Having said that the treatment I received was first class. Contrary to the politicians who use the NHS as a vote winning political football.

Greater shame on those politicians, and their 'followers'.

Crazy situation but not unsurprising.

My father had a stroke this year. His treatment was beyond first class. You simply could not have purchased finer care with any amount of money. Incredible people, resources and facilities.

In fairness, our caravan utilising nomadic traveller friends are a massive problem to a huge amount of people who abide by the rules, pay their way and their taxes. They operate largely above the law with little or no consequence.
I'm sure the correct thing to do with this very marginalised community then is confiscate their property and encourage people to see them as the source of all their problems. Some people might think this has worrying overtones, but to them I say, Corbyn failed to recognise an antisemitic trope on a mural so really they're all as bad as each other aren't they.

Anyway, my second reported post of the day, and about my 4th ever. Tory boys are really letting it all hang out.

I'm sure the correct thing to do with this very marginalised community then is confiscate their property and encourage people to see them as the source of all their problems. Some people might think this has worrying overtones, but to them I say, Corbyn failed to recognise an antisemitic trope on a mural so really they're all as bad as each other aren't they.

Anyway, my second reported post of the day, and about my 4th ever. Tory boys are really letting it all hang out.

Have you ever been on the receiving end of their ‘antics’? If you have, you may have a different view.

Have you ever been on the receiving end of their ‘antics’? If you have, you may have a different view.
Sure. Been on the receiving end of your kind of antics too and I know which is worse.

Look if you're thinking big you don't organise your racist hate campaign around a universally admired minority do you? You start with the low hanging fruit. Maybe you don't actually need to persecute any one else to keep your zombie party together and you can leave it at that. Everyone's happy! Bar the gypsies of course, whose entire way of life has been eliminated, and who are now discriminated against by law. But clearly they don't count and why would anyone else worry!

Not going to stop there though is it, given the desperate state of the right. Who's next on your s__tlist? Because it's your list they're working from isn't it?

I remember the good old days on PFM when people seriously suggested that Labour were engaged in class war, and persecuting taxi drivers and shop owners, because they wanted to tax private schools. Now here you are openly talking about actually, legally persecuting a vulnerable minority, because of their "antics".

Remind us about your intentions to leave the country should Corbyn be PM on Friday.

Sure. Been on the receiving end of your kind of antics too and I know which is worse.

Look if you're thinking big you don't organise your racist hate campaign around a universally admired minority do you? You start with the low hanging fruit. Maybe you don't actually need to persecute any one else to keep your zombie party together and you can leave it at that. Everyone's happy! Bar the gypsies of course, whose entire way of life has been eliminated, and who are now discriminated against by law. But clearly they don't count and why would anyone else worry!

Not going to stop there though is it, given the desperate state of the right. Who's next on your s__tlist? Because it's your list they're working from isn't it?

I remember the good old days on PFM when people seriously suggested that Labour were engaged in class war, and persecuting taxi drivers and shop owners, because they wanted to tax private schools. Now here you are openly talking about actually, legally persecuting a vulnerable minority, because of their "antics".

Remind us about your intentions to leave the country should Corbyn be PM on Friday.

Dear, dear me, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and launch into diatribe with no knowledge. I had several months of sleepless nights because of these people. If I told you what they did and what they threatened, you wouldn’t believe me.

Dear, dear me, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and launch into diatribe with no knowledge. I had several months of sleepless nights because of these people. If I told you what they did and what they threatened, you wouldn’t believe me.
Well that's what makes it so easy. But look at the bigger picture here, please. You're being used. Not that you'll suffer the consequences.

Was it all of "these people" or just a tiny minority that gave you grief? Your post seems a little all encompassing...

Of course, a tiny minority. What’s puzzling is how many people I know who have also had such problems. It’s most peculiar.

My great-grandmother was of the ‘stock’ you so decry. Strangely on the other side of the family I don’t look far until I find Irish publicans, I’m sure they weren’t the right sort either. I find your comments quite offensive. I deleted your first post, I’ve hoofed you from the thread for the later ones. Any more and I’m sure a holiday from the forum can be arranged.

My great-grandmother was of the ‘stock’ you so decry.

Rightwing voices will always be able to point to the criminality and social problems that Roma communities bring – because they do. The underlying causes may be complex, but the manifestations are not, and it's these manifestations that resonate most with voters. If the European Commission misses this trick, it will continue to be seen as ineffectual and overly soft, and politicians like Sarkozy will continue to reap political dividends by openly defying them. There needs to be honesty at the European level about the problems that Roma communities not only suffer from, but also cause. If this issue is sidelined for the sake of correctness, then it'll erupt in the form of xenophobia. Education, for both Roma and non-Roma Europeans, is the key.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/sep/20/roma-france-nicolas-sarkozy

It's a European problem, should we call a truce or am I due for a vacation also ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/sep/20/roma-france-nicolas-sarkozy

It's a European problem, should we call a truce or am I due for a vacation also ?

To be fair yours is a much more nuanced response. There's also something of distinction in that the report is based on Roma and the issues coming from Romania, my very distant heritage is traveller or gypsy. However, there's a massive difference between identifying one issue, and tarring everyone from a heritage with a particularly mucky brush.

The point is that there isn't going to be a solution that doesn't involve throwing money at it

Try telling that to Chris Wilder.

The manager of Sheffield United, he has taken a team costing nothing to the Premier League and currently sitting 8th.

We recently drew against a team who paid more for one player in the summer than my club has spent on players in their entire history.
Manchester United.

But yes, throwing ever increasing money at a problem, solves it.

Amazing to do though that organisation,focus,team ethic and a positive attitude can surpass 'throwing millions/billions at a problem'.

If only !!

advertisement

Back