advertisement

Deltron vs Preh

Mynamemynaim

38yrs a Naim owner
Thinking of renewing the din sockets on my naim preamp
There is quite a price difference between deltron and preh
Anyone had experence if the deltron are worth the (3 x) price?
Thanks

No definitely not,

Preh are normally more expensive so it's likely you've just found a price anomaly with a single supplier.

There is usually no benefit whatsoever to replacing the sockets unless you specifically want to change from latching to ringlock or one of them is clearly iffy.

Thinking of renewing the din sockets on my naim preamp
There is quite a price difference between deltron and preh
Anyone had experence if the deltron are worth the (3 x) price?
Thanks

I have 3 pieces of NAC12, in the earliest one there Preh connectors are installed, and in the two others there were Deltron. When I was doing maintenance on one of the NAC 12s, I replaced Deltron with Preh (as an experiment). I did not find almost any difference, except for the obvious one, which gives a new solder and new connectors. In your case, I would take those connectors that are more convenient in terms of ease of use.

As the connectors are slightly more outside the case work with the preh ones the wires can become a little tight on length when changing from deltron to preh .

Also using the lock rings is not recommended (I never liked them anyway and have all of mine fixed behind the assembley screwhead) so there is less point in changing them.

Thanks for the advice everyone

My 72 is just starting to get a bit aged ...like me... and I thought it might benefit from a fresh set of dins ...due to age / corrosion / wear etc

They are now called Prehkeytec, and they offer the locking ring connector while Deltron doesnt.
Another candidate is Switchcraft Conxall, though more expensive than the other two.

advertisement

Back