advertisement

Older car styling

It’s an Aston Martin Zagato, not sure which Aston it derives from (cba to check) but probably DB4 or 5 at a guess. Zagato as a styling house are a bit marmite, but I think they’ve almost always done well with Astons.

''Tis a DB4. Zagato have a long history of taking Astons, with factory blessing, and doing some interesting coach building on the cars. Some work better, and have aged better than others. All make surefire collector investments

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/features/58-years-of-aston-martin-zagato/

''Tis a DB4. Zagato have a long history of taking Astons, with factory blessing, and doing some interesting coach building on the cars. Some work better, and have aged better than others. All make surefire collector investments
All of them have been in the supercar glitterati for 30 years plus. They were eye wateringly expensive when new, they were £100k 25 years ago, and now they are £1M or so, if you can find one. Those interested know where they all are and wait until someone wants a change.

Zgrp2b4h.jpg

It’s an Aston Martin Zagato, not sure which Aston it derives from (cba to check) but probably DB4 or 5 at a guess. Zagato as a styling house are a bit marmite, but I think they’ve almost always done well with Astons.

It's a DB4z

Loverly Lancia Hyena?

90406b323bd32e5b55e87e6f745091bd.jpg

Some nice roads around where we live; here's one just around the corner from Mr Lockhart's pad, & my car's pretty involving I'd say.

3vYuSuO.jpg

nice pic, unfortunately the Targa top has an electrical fault, so no winter top down fun for me....

You've paid a lot of money for a premium quality car, it's not working as intended , there's a warranty, what happened to "hello Mr Dealer, this car's faulty. Will you fix it please?"

Oh why not?!

I did have an eye on the new Honda Rebel 300 but having tried one and hearing the bad stories on the 300 engine have dropped the idea and now have a curious eye on this beastie or one of its varients...just don't need anything bigger.

w250-white-01.jpg

:rolleyes:

No.... just no....

The Goldstar on the other hand is one of the best looking naked bikes ever!

There was a Ducati parallel twin 500 that must be very rare as I've never seen one in the flesh but was a superb looker... Ducati red with a white frame and fairly cafe racer looks. Probably 1977 -1981 ish. There was a poster of it with one of the bike mags which I had on the wall as a 15 ish year old...

Lancia Aurelia B20

lancia-aurelia-S3369466-1.jpg

Lancia Fulvia HF Fanalone

11153820.jpg
Lancias always have been a bit special. They have a quality of being able to make pretty much any other car look vulgar just by parking alongside it. The B20 Coupe in your photo is a perfect example of what I suppose people mean when they say "not a line out of place". In fact the remarkable thing is that the effect is achieved entirely by "line", ie. its shape and proportions; there is almost no detailing involved, no scoops, flutes or swage lines, and of course minimal brightwork and no decoration. Pure class!
ML

You've paid a lot of money for a premium quality car, it's not working as intended , there's a warranty, what happened to "hello Mr Dealer, this car's faulty. Will you fix it please?"

you replying to me?

Nothing but a waiting list for booking in. Car goes in for diagnostic on 18th December. Waited 4 weeks for that appointment. Dealer is so busy it could be 6 weeks before repair slot is available.

They'll fix it.

you replying to me?

Nothing but a waiting list for booking in. Car goes in for diagnostic on 18th December. Waited 4 weeks for that appointment. Dealer is so busy it could be 6 weeks before repair slot is available.

They'll fix it.

Dealer is so busy with repairs you have to wait 6 weeks... that's so reassuring about a brand on so many levels :D :D :D

advertisement

Back