advertisement

Photos from Kruger National Park, wildlife photos etc....

these photos are simply amazing. I spent a mere 7 days there two years ago. the itch to go back couldn't be higher. stunning photos guys, keep them coming, thank you.

Stunning pictures for sure! All I can say is a big thank-you to those of you for sharing them! Doubtful I will ever get to these places, so being able to see these pics is almost like being along for the ride!

Thanks Ian, appreciated.

It was a remarkably noisy Eagle that had been left by it's parent/s for some time and was constantly calling, flying from tree to tree until they came back.

One of my all time favourite wildlife viewing spots there, Lake Panic hide. Stunning variety of birds, hippos, crocs, leopards, elis, antelope and all in one place.

Lovely pics! The Kruger is such a wonderful place. Have been half a dozen times, but it has been about ten years since my last visit. Have a sister-in-law in Barberton, so that’s usually our jumping off point. Will be going back either next year, or the year after (post retirement).

One quick story about wild dogs. About 20 years ago, not too far from the Phalaborwa Gate, we were stopped by a pack of nine or ten. A couple blocked the road, and the rest splint in two and began to surround our rental car. Next thing I heard was a crunching sound from behind. At least one of the buggers was chewing on our rear plastic bumper!

When I returned the car to AVIS at JNB, and explained the damage, the attendant didn’t even blink an eye. :D

Last edited:
Lovely pics! The Kruger is such a wonderful place. Have been half a dozen times, but it has been about ten years since my last visit. Have a sister-in-law in Barberton, so that’s usually our jumping off point. Will be going back either next year, or the year after (post retirement).

One quick story about wild dogs. About 20 years ago, not too far from the Phalaborwa Gate, we were stopped by a pack of nine or ten. A couple blocked the road, and the rest splint in two and began to surround our rental car. Next thing I heard was a crunching sound from behind. At least one of the buggers was chewing on our rear plastic bumper!

When I returned the car to AVIS at JNB, and explained the damage, the attendant didn’t even blink an eye. :D

Nice story, wish I had the same experience with Avis there.

It always used to be the case. I recall picking up an Avis car at Mpumalanga airport my first trip. Couldn't find one without a dent, scratch etc and was told not to worry as they were all like it.

Not so last trip, Avis car returned at JNB without a problem but the barstewards claimed later that there was under car damage and screwed me for over £700 deposit later that week. About to go to court.

I will never use Avis again.

Nice story, wish I had the same experience with Avis there.

It always used to be the case. I recall picking up an Avis car at Mpumalanga airport my first trip. Couldn't find one without a dent, scratch etc and was told not to worry as they were all like it.

Not so last trip, Avis car returned at JNB without a problem but the barstewards claimed later that there was under car damage and screwed me for over £700 deposit later that week. About to go to court.

I will never use Avis again.

Naively, I've always thought that once they received the car and signed off on the return, we were done.

Hope you win your court case - this sounds very much like a scam!

Will be interested to hear which rental company you use next. Hope they turn out to be less of a rip off!

Europcar were great the 4 times we used them in SA. One company I’ll never use again is Hertz, they had a habit of letting me book and pay for cars that didn’t exist hat required 3 hours of wrangling in their offices in Italy, and on one occasion let me book a van from a location that was shut.

We used Keddy through Europcar last month in SA Had a Ford EcoSport for the month for £700. No problems at all.

advertisement

Back