advertisement

Attention Elizabeth Fraser fans...

Well, that's pretty amazing; I didn't think that Elizabeth would ever record again! It would seem that now, she's up for the occasional one-off project; we await with baited breath!

Thanks so much for posting that, that really is very good indeed; how special her voice still sounds.

Here i am, living in New Zealand and turning 50 next month, but for a moment there, it was 1987 and was I back in my mum and dad's house in Manchester, listening to victorialand. Brought a tear to my eye, too.

What a lovely, sparse arrangement.

Wow, isn't it just wonderful to hear Elizabeth again. She hasn't lost her ability to mesmerise and create wonderful, beautiful soundscapes. An icon.
Thanks for that BLACKMASS.

Yeah, that was lovely, thanks for posting it.

I've not kept up on her work and of course could search for this but had she said she'd not record any more?

And anyone else think Sam looks a bit like a young Jonathan Richman?

Yeah, that was lovely, thanks for posting it.

I've not kept up on her work and of course could search for this but had she said she'd not record any more?

And anyone else think Sam looks a bit like a young Jonathan Richman?

She released a single in 2009 called Moses and a couple of 'bits' on soundtracks but basically that's it.

What is promising is she's recently toured with Massive Attack and appeared on most (if not all dates).
She also did a one-off in a small club in London (earlier this year I think?) to a very select crowd in including Tracey Thorn where see sang a couple of folk songs.

Add all the above with release of the Sam Lee track and it looks like she's getting gathering some confidence. Do we dare to dream she may release some of her own material? Probably not.

It's a crime against humanity she hasn't release more. Her voice almost makes me believe there is a God.

advertisement

Back