advertisement

What are you listening to right now #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jutta Hipp - New Faces New Sounds From Germany. On early 90s Japanese Blue Note vinyl. Wonderful stuff. She’s my new favourite thing.

Don’t buy any new vinyl these days, but still play what I already have so:

Was Bruce Springsteen Tunnel of Love

Is Ry Cooder Jazz

Nxt David Lindley El Rayo-X

841766ca9c818342e1141e2b756c86011cc2d7b8.jpeg

Michael Head and The Strands - The Magical World of The Strands

what a lovely atmospheric pic

cracker, that.
Pickwick. I always thought thought my Elemental pressing, while OK, sounded a little flat especially after getting the Tone Poet 'Contours', but couldn't run to the imported price Music Matters pressing. I have just fitted a new Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge (previous Cadenza Blue) and it has bought extra life into this pressing and it now sounds really good. Particularly like the extra insight it gives to the under rated Jaki Byard's Piano playing and greater impact to Tony Williams drums.

Poco, I must admit that my memories of the album are from a bluenote reissue my brother bought back in the 80s I think. The music made a tremendous impression upon me at the time.

Also, speaking of Tony Williams, buying records back then brings to mind his 'solo' bluenote album, Spring (lovely minimalist cover for that one too); also a reissue from the same period which I shelled out for ...
high time I listened again on what passes for my vaguely decent hifi of today ...

Last edited:
Poco, I must admit that my memories of the album are from a bluenote reissue my brother bought back in the 80s I think. Music made a tremendous impression upon me at the time. Also Tony Williams 'solo' bluenote album, Spring (lovely minimalist cover for that one too); also a reissue from the same period which I shelled out for ...
high time I listened again on what passes for my vaguely decent hifi of today ...

I have quite a few Blue Note pressings I bought in the late 70's early 80's and most of them are pretty good. I didn't have this on vinyl so I went for the Elemental over the BN75.

Whilst testing my olde Mission 770's.... today I'm mainly listening to Clive Gregson and Christine Collister "Mischief",
Bob Dylan "Greatest hits Vol II", The Delines "Colfax Avenue", Maria McKee "Maria McKee", Rhiannon Giddens "Freedom Highway" and Richard and Linda Thompson "I want to see the bright lights tonight"

The Spotlight Kid. It made my spine tingle many, many years ago. And still does.

An all time great

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back