advertisement

I don't get Genesis, Peter Gabriel or Prog Rock!!!

I am a confirmed Prog music fan - all the old 70s classics and a few newer bands as well. Everything says that Elbow ought to be cup of tea - but they are not. I just do not 'get' it/them. Even tried again last week when they were on Jules' show.

BTW so far this series of Jules there has not been a single act that I have enjoyed. Tolerated yes, but enjoyed - no. I wonder what has happened?

I am a confirmed Prog music fan - all the old 70s classics and a few newer bands as well. Everything says that Elbow ought to be cup of tea - but they are not. I just do not 'get' it/them. Even tried again last week when they were on Jules' show.

BTW so far this series of Jules there has not been a single act that I have enjoyed. Tolerated yes, but enjoyed - no. I wonder what has happened?

They may be the only band I'd like on his show!

This is great IMHO

And this is progtastic.

Stephen

You have become your Dad. HTH.

Maybe - but I am still much more adventurous than ever he was. He used to say my hifi had a nice 'tone'!

The last 'new' music he got to like in his life was him rushing into the room when I was playing Renaissance, Turn of the Cards. He loved that - but was still a Mary Hopkin/ Sandie Shaw type of guy!
He died back in 1990.

advertisement

Back