advertisement

What are you listening to right now #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by the Vanilla Fudge track on the above Tarantino soundtrack, I fancied some bluesy rock stuff so have thrown on Fleetwood Macs greatest hits (proper Mac, not the 70s abomination).

Lovely.

Just playing the 33rpm MM of True Blue. Sounding mighty fine.
I have that one as well, but in MM 2x 45. I sure both are excellent. I resisted buying any of these 45 rpm's at first because of the convenience of 33 rpm's, but I had the opertunity to acquire a quite number of them (nearly all still sealed) at a good price and now I am a convert. Unfortunately I don't think I will be buying any more unless I can find another good buy as the present price from MUsic Matters together with the shiping and import duty is much to high for me.

That album is still revealing stuff to me after over 30 years. I mean, what is 'Master of Sparks' actually about?

Billy:
There was a drummer from Houston who I grew up with and his nickname was R&B junior. He came from a family that had a sizeable ranch, and on the ranch was a gent that had a particular talent for welding, whom we persuaded to construct a steel ball with a door in it. We added an old aircraft seat that we had discovered complete with harness. We thought that riding inside this steel cage off the back of a pickup would be not only fun but colourful as well. A ball of steel at 60 mph was, like , the 4 th of July. It was raucous, jolting fun and disturbing at the same time.
We abandoned the spark ball as it become known, after an unsuccessful ride spun off the road, taking down about a hundred yards of fence. Someone later laid claim to it, hung it from a tree and used it has a hunting blind.

Frank:
You can believe that story or not.

Dusty:
I rolled a car once, but that's about all.

Master of sparks of the Menu in Chrome, smoke & BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back