advertisement

Raspberry Pi Help For Noob....

You can also run the squeezelite plugin on Volumio, and it will become a squeezebox device, and you can run Tidal that way, though you'd also need to install and run a LMS server... probably more complication than you need, but there if you ever need it.

If you don’t get on with Volumio, you can’t go wrong with Moode. Supports everything that’s open-source, stable and easy to use, donationware.

Volumio suits those who prefer not to have to bother, Moode works for those who are prepared to get their hands dirty. It is also updated more often

I tired Volumio but found nothing to win me over. Moode suits me. Well done Tim Curtis

Thanks all for your replies. I'm currently listening to Tidal, streaming through Airplay to the Pi which sounds great to me.

Don't think Airplay is the most stable connection so may look at subscribing to Volumio to be able to run Tidal native.

Thanks all for your replies. I'm currently listening to Tidal, streaming through Airplay to the Pi which sounds great to me.

Don't think Airplay is the most stable connection so may look at subscribing to Volumio to be able to run Tidal native.

I have never had any stability problems with AirPlay. You may want to try using an Ethernet cable from your router into your Pi, because the onboard WiFi can be a bit flaky.

EDIT: try popping the top off your Pi if it is in a metal case and using WiFi.

Last edited:
I have never had any stability problems with AirPlay. You may want to try using an Ethernet cable from your router into your Pi, because the onboard WiFi can be a bit flaky.

EDIT: try popping the top off your Pi if it is in a metal case and using WiFi.

I'm only using a wired LAN connection as didn't know my Pi had wireless capabilities!

advertisement

Back