advertisement

Great service - a shout out thread

gavreid

Pretty Words...
I'm sure we used to have one of these but I'm not seeing it. Sorry if this is raining on anyone's parade...

One of the kids poked a finger into the tweeter of my Neat Momentum 4s, needless to say I was expecting a hefty bill, or an 'I'm afraid these are now obsolete' response. I sent a contact enquiry through the Neat web page last Saturday afternoon. Bob had replied by the end of the day advising me what he could do and the cost of repair. To cut a long story short, he had the drive unit on Wednesday, it was fixed by Thursday and all for less than £50 inc vat.

This kind of customer support in this day and age is just wonderful to experience, and so totally unexpected, that I felt the need to tell you all. Sorry ;)

I don’t know much about Neat as a company but they do make great products, glad to hear they’re backed up with great customer support.

I've had great service from Neat. Having managed to melt the odd crossover and rear panel and fried several drivers in the Neat Motive 2s I use in a second system (super little speakers), they've been just excellent in helping me out.

Clearaudio in Germany. After the HI fi shop spent 5 weeks not fixing my turntable because they coudnt get the parts, I contacted Clearaudio myself who immediately offered me the parts for free and shipped them over to the hi fi shop to fix. Said more for Clearaudio than it did for trader I’m afraid. Done this ever since.

Clearaudio in Germany. After the HI fi shop spent 5 weeks not fixing my turntable because they coudnt get the parts, I contacted Clearaudio myself who immediately offered me the parts for free and shipped them over to the hi fi shop to fix. Said more for Clearaudio than it did for trader I’m afraid. Done this ever since.

Yes, this has been my experience as well, always better to speak directly to the manufacturer whether Clearaudio, Neat or other

I've had similar experiences with Neat over the years having had a damaged tweeter in my elites and a mid range driver in my iota alphas. Super-fast, friendly, and helpful responses. Thanks Bob.

It's real nice when companies are good like that, even more so UK ones.

I had a similar experience with Q Acoustics, nothing was to much hassle for them.

Naim on the other hand, I hope die of a horrible cold flesh eating virus.

I pondered buying a SUT to replace my Black Cube. After a few days researching on line, I decided that a Rothwell MC1 was the one. I phoned on Thursday to ask a few questions and to order it it. I spoke to Andrew Rothwell, got my answers and ordered it. By lunchtime on Friday it was sat between my turntable and amp.

Shops have to go through their supplier or the importer. That's where the holdup probably was. It's great that you were able to shorten circumvent the chain.

N
Shops have to go through their supplier or the importer. That's where the holdup probably was. It's great that you were able to shorten circumvent the chain.
No it wasn’t. They said they had contacted them but not received a reply. You don’t wait for five weeks. I phoned Germany direct.They were in the post by the end of the day. Did the same with B&W. Same excellent service. Will always do it this way from now on.

I had a similar experience with Naim : my Supernait stopped working and some smoke was getting out of it during a thunder storm. I brought it back to my dealer, they gave me a little Rega Brio for a month and Naim changed the whole board at no charge although the warranty was over. Can’t ask for more !

Same thing happened with my Monitor Audio Studio 20's. MA were very quick and helpful in sending me a replacement tweeter but it was double the cost of yours. Sold them but still have fond memories.

One of my Neumann KH-310A monitors was randomly cutting power and going to “standby” mode.

Although this was happening on random intervals and I (nor the distributer) was not able to replicate it, I got a brand new unit as a replacement without any issues.

Another thing are the direct discussions with technical persons from Neumann and getting advices for some configuration issues that I had.

Top notch guys and service in my experience.

advertisement

Back