advertisement

Revox A77 resuscitation project (extreme long term)

A77 are excellent machines but given the fact that they were produced in vast numbers, this particular one is just too tatty to be bothered.

Here is a one I picked up for peanuts quite a few years ago because it wasn't working
Once fixed its a nice machine, I still prefer the B77 mk2 or PR99s though

IMG_2341 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan

I see someone is making really nice looking metal and wood casings for the B77 to replace the ugly nextel (eBay). If I had a B77 I’d likely splash out on one of those!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Oh, don't get me started on Nextel. What a mess that was. And the bloody paint was everywhere back in the day :mad:

I see someone is making really nice looking metal and wood casings for the B77 to replace the ugly nextel (eBay). If I had a B77 I’d likely splash out on one of those!
Yes the do look good don't they
Looks like the metal back could be from the PR99 painted.
Alan

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Oh, don't get me started on Nextel. What a mess that was. And the bloody paint was everywhere back in the day :mad:

Indeed. If it wasn’t for the bloody Nextel I’d actually be very interested in trying the Revox parallel tracking turntable! Finish aside it looks quite a neat design.

PS It ruined the Quad 606, the original Systemdek, and many Meridian products too.

I do own a B790. My example’s Nextel is fine, however. Perhaps slightly sticky. This is the odd one out then. :D

Same here. A 3440 too. A cousin of mine has one, makes no use of it, but won’t let me have it :(

I don’t need other R2R machines, I have already four.

I’m working with my knackered A77-owning friend again this week. When I told him the views of the pfm massive he said he was happy to let me have it for free if I wanted to try to fix it. I’m tempted to give it a go and make this the longest running repair thread in history. Replacing the heads would be the final expense. Am I simply wasting my time and money (I can accept that, I can stop whenever I want) or am I being an even bigger than usual idiot? Opinions welcome.

As I've mentioned before I have an A77 for "spares or repair"... no one seems to want to pay even close to what I value it at though so until/unless they do.... it sits here for another 20 years! You see capstan motors @ £50 and heads @ more than that so how people think an entire machine is only worth £50 I don't know...

advertisement

Back