advertisement

People's Vote march on the 19th of October

Why is a minority protesting against the most sensible thing the UK has voted for in decades? Doubtless it will be a few thousand, with the media telling us it was hundreds of thousands. Remoaners are the problem, they have no respect for democracy - you lost, get over it. It amazes me how any sane person could think the EU is in any way a good idea - it bankrupts its member nations (just ask Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy and Germany), it wants to build an 'empire' according to Guy Verhofstadt, and empires always fall. The demise of the EU is imminent, and cannot happen soon enough.
Not a minority.
Poll of polls puts it as a majority for the last few years.
You'll be marching in that case?

The 7.45 coach will be a bit of a PITA, but hopefully it’ll be worth it, come judgement day!
8.30 for me. Luxury. But what to wear in Swinging London? My jumper emblazoned with the slogan ‘Enemy of Democracy’? My Lady Hale Spider Brooch tribute T-shirt? Or the blue one with a ring of yellow stars surrounding a picture of Guy Verhofstadt?

Why is a minority protesting against the most sensible thing the UK has voted for in decades? Doubtless it will be a few thousand, with the media telling us it was hundreds of thousands. Remoaners are the problem, they have no respect for democracy - you lost, get over it. It amazes me how any sane person could think the EU is in any way a good idea - it bankrupts its member nations (just ask Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy and Germany), it wants to build an 'empire' according to Guy Verhofstadt, and empires always fall. The demise of the EU is imminent, and cannot happen soon enough.
You'll do well to get all of that on a placard. Best use a sharp crayon. Anyway maybe see you down there?

I'd go and ask your questions of the countries listed only I don't know if we still qualify for interail travel.

If Brexit does go ahead don't moan when the shit hits the fan...!

I have examined your post in detail and have noted that nowhere does it address the lies and exaggerations used by the leave campaign.. who you presumably support. You have also offered no evidence to support your wild assertions, and in concert with every leave voter I've ever heard, you offer no concrete, demonstrable benefit whatever from leaving, nor any concrete, demonstrable replacement for the trade advantages we currently enjoyand are about to lose.

I have therefore concluded that you are talking bollocks.

I would like to join the march but That London is a bit of a trek from here in the grim north. I'll check out train and coach availability, or consider driving to somewhere close to a rail station.

Rcook, there’s plenty of talking about why in the ‘normal’ Brexit thread, so please feel free to ask the question there. Let’s keep this thread about the march itself.

8.30 for me. Luxury. But what to wear in Swinging London? My jumper emblazoned with the slogan ‘Enemy of Democracy’? My Lady Hale Spider Brooch tribute T-shirt? Or the blue one with a ring of yellow stars surrounding a picture of Guy Verhofstadt?

Ha, yes, it’s a sartorial quandary, and no mistake! I’m thinking my T-shirt with a picture David Cameron’s face and the words ‘Pig f***er’ might be considered sufficiently swinging (and yes, I really have one, though none of the letters are starred out on it!). But it’ll probably be a family sort of affair with kids around, so that may not feel appropriate on the day. The brooch thing sounds a laugh :)

Though judging by last time, anything with a scrotum on it seemed de rigeur, for fairly obvious poetic reasons :D

The brooch thing sounds a laugh :)
Good choice, sir! That one has the added advantage over the others of actually existing. Might be too cold for an old person in a T-shirt though - and in a jacket most of the brooch will be obscured... I need to get advice from Lady Hale on this. Does anyone have here email address to hand?

Empires fall for a reason and this one is no different, the EU has vast potential for good which is being squandered by the empire building commissioners.

Rather than throw out the whole thing we should reform; there is a growing realisation of this which our departure will probably immobilise.

I have to say, when I read posts like this, I’m tempted to throw the towel in, say ‘sod it, JFDI’ and let people who think like this find out the hard way just why so many of us are fighting this tooth and nail.

I have to say, when I read posts like this, I’m tempted to throw the towel in, say ‘sod it, JFDI’ and let people who think like this find out the hard way just why so many of us are fighting this tooth and nail.

Posts like those are the reason I'll be marching again on Saturday. If we'd had a reasoned debate after the vote, minus the populist posturing and needless red lines, I suspect we'd now be heading out with a passably sensible arrangement and I'd be at home watching the footie or something. But no, a section of the leave vote felt compelled to adopt an extreme position (realising, perhaps, that that's all they had in the first place), which has become ever more empty and hysterical. And they're all surprised and hurt that it has motivated a strong opposition? Yeah, whatever. Any lack of respect for democracy is perfectly encapsulated in the phrase 'you lost, get over it'.

A section of the leave vote were always extreme, we've seen the rise of UKIP around the UKs only UKIP constituency here (Clacton).

Very much driven by racism although no way would they get out of bed for £450 a week so we were obliged to employ a Polish team.

Lets hope they come back next year to feed our dole queue and pay enough tax and NI to cover some of their benefits.

I really wish I could go, but living in Boston MA makes it impossible (and would be environmentally irresponsible even if I could nab an airmiles ticket).
Thank you and best wishes to all of those going. I'm hoping for a historically large turnout to send a message. I look forward to following the coverage.

People have the right to demonstrate and I support that 100%, but don’t expect anything. If anyone thinks a tory govt will respond to this demo and suddenly call a second referendum on the back of it you don’t understand tories.

People have the right to demonstrate and I support that 100%, but don’t expect anything. If anyone thinks a tory govt will respond to this demo and suddenly call a second referendum on the back of it you don’t understand tories.
You are right of course, and a march didn't help with labour and gulf war either.

Poll tax rocked the boat but these have been pleasant peaceful affairs.

advertisement

Back