advertisement

Newbie here

The only thing I’ll openly stand up and argue against is fascism/racism or any other kind of discrimination. I’m not a “snowflake”, I just don’t tolerate bully boy antics.

sounds like, dare i say it, brexit? :)

Wasn't expecting such a reaction to my thread :D but thanks everyone. You're a lively bunch! ;)
Yes, we don't hold back, but hopefully you'll settle in quickly. Mostly, it's in good humour. :)

There's quite a few of us living in and around Manchester, the site owner, TonyL, lives in Rochdale and, for whatever reason, there's quite a North West contingent on here.

That's good to hear and nice to see that there's a decent contingency of Northerners on here :)

I'm from Gorton myself.

That's good to hear and nice to see that there's a decent contingency of Northerners on here :)

I'm from Gorton myself.

I think you meant "contingent," not "contingency." I don't care much myself, but be aware there are a few agents of the English language Gestapo around here.

I’ve been cogitating while painting the ancestral hallway this afternoon (don’t worry, I can make a doctor’s appointment tomorrow) and I’m almost certain I was 27 once.

Ah, I see what you mean. Sorry, my fault. I meant an oil painting. It’s looking very attractive now the suits of armour have had their annual polish.
No, I said ‘be that’ (ie, be 27), not ‘do that’.

Still, I’m relieved to have the clarification, one shudders to, er, picture the alternative scenario which our newcomer probably assumed.

No, I said ‘be that’ (ie, be 27), not ‘do that’.

Still, I’m relieved to have the clarification, one shudders to, er, picture the alternative scenario which our newcomer probably assumed.

Having read all this I hope he is not now a newgoner. Are you still there???????

Welcome deej. I'm from Leeds. In case you're not familiar with that part of civilisation, head east out of Manchester and it's just a few miles after the M62 is no longer cobbled.

advertisement

Back