advertisement

#wagathachristie

The irony of all this is that the people who feign not to know who they are are probably the same middle class people who pretend to like football.
I didn't know who these people are because I'm middle class and have never liked football.

Colleen is married to an adequate wendyballer/adulterer/customer of prostitutes. The other one is also married to an adequate wendyballer. Hence my use of the word “vaguely”.

adulterer
I would like to see you being greeted with groupies, some of them not bad at all, every time you walk out of the stadium and at every place you are more or less known to go to. And this for years, also on days you've had an argument with your wife. And after sometimes month-long periods of abstinence due to professional reasons. Not forgetting that your wife is in the same situation, there are enough men out there who are more than ready to boost their ego by *****ing a footballer's wife.

People like David and Victoria Beckham have not been loyal all the time, but regarding what each of them has achieved, it's quite a feat that they are still together after 20 years and they have my admiration. Why should they achieve what is already difficult enough to handle in our, in many respects, much easier lives.

Famous - Winston Churchill, Brenda, Nelson Mandela, Guy Gibson, Douglas Bader, Bobby Moore, Roger Bannister, Liz Taylor, James Bond. Infamous - Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot etc.

Colleen who?

Interesting and telling cultural references! I bet hardly anyone under 30 knows who half of them are! They’ll know Mandela, Brenda, Hitler and James Bond, and will likely struggle with the rest!

Not arguing against your main point though, there are no football stars I’d recognise, let alone their girlfriends!

Interesting and telling cultural references! I bet hardly anyone under 30 knows who half of them are! They’ll know Mandela, Brenda, Hitler and James Bond, and will likely struggle with the rest!

Not arguing against your main point though, there are no football stars I’d recognise, let alone their girlfriends!
I'm guessing you know that James Bond isn't a real person?

I recognise the surnames so assumed who they were, no idea why there is such a faff about whatever they've been up to though.

I find being ignorant of all things social media keeps me out of the loop of guff like this.

Interesting, I’d always wondered how he looks so different over the years.
He's certainly wearing well. After all, he wasn't a young man 50-odd years ago, and he was still saving the world in Italy while I was there a couple of weeks ago. He still only looks like a well-toned 50ish, he must watch his diet.

(I used to see him in the bathroom mirror every morning, though I confess the effect has faded a little).

If you took a picture of Wayne Roony around the world I reckon he would be recognised in most parts. He is definitely famous. The Wags are a strange phenomena, I think they reached peak in the Beckham era, I'm not sure they have the same profile now. All diverting fun anyway.

advertisement

Back