advertisement

It’s Chrrrist-masssss (already)

Someone on the One Show tonight said they will not be happy until you can hang your Easter eggs on your Christmas tree.

PML. #sad

Corporate bookings for Xmas parties need to be considered in August. I know its nuts, but seriously - or your choice will be limited. Our date has been in the diary for quite a while now.
I can forgive that (although the thought of an Xmas works do makes me shudder) - as I’ve booked restaurant tables eight to ten weeks in advance myself. It’s the Christmas tat in shops that really gets my goat - I’m sure I’ve never seen it in the first half of October before.

And I’ve just logged on to eBay and got a banner suggesting I buy Christmas decorations. This is nuts.

I bloody hate it. I haven't got enough years left to wish any time away, but roll on boxing day.

at least 2 litres of my Bloody Mary's, and Die Hard 1,2 or 3 on the box.

That is Christmas sorted.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo...

A quarter of a century ago when he wrote this it only went on for 2 months

Christmas can sod right off. What's the betting on easter eggs being in the shops BEFORE the end of December this year? Bring back Eostre, and appropriate pagan sacrifices, that's what I say.

Reactions: BJP
Now this reminds me: can we restart the Christmas Wine thread yet ? I suspect we'll need a happy thread soon.

This year's wines are turnip and elderflower. They pair very nicely with, er, turnip and stinging nettle soup. None of that foreign nonsense.

This year's wines are turnip and elderflower. They pair very nicely with, er, turnip and stinging nettle soup. None of that foreign nonsense.

Are you sure they're British turnips, elderflowers and stinging nettles? None of that Polish vegetation here, thank you very much!

advertisement

Back