advertisement

Vast Brexit thread merge part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ireland might even donate any remaining oifig an tsoláthair toilet paper. You British with your soft bottoms have never experienced a sand paper experience like this stuff. It will either make a man out of you or you will bleed to death.

Those of us of a certain age can remember Izal. It didn't so much absorb 'stuff' as spread it around.

Interesting advice from Amazon Services (sent to companies who sell their products through Amazon) about how best to deal with Brexit:

"The best way to prepare is to ensure that you have inventory on both sides of the UK/EU border at all times."

So companies with all of their stock in the UK will, basically, be screwed if they want to sell to EU customers.

Only 30% of UK food comes from the EU. Countries outside the EU will maybe help us out if our friends in the EU cannot supply us with goods.

And how do they get it through clogged ports?

Do you really think the EU will refuse to sell us food? That’s not the issue at all.

Stephen

Interesting advice from Amazon Services (sent to companies who sell their products through Amazon) about how best to deal with Brexit:

"The best way to prepare is to ensure that you have inventory on both sides of the UK/EU border at all times."

So companies with all of their stock in the UK will, basically, be screwed if they want to sell to EU customers.

Anything about the transfer of data between the EU and the UK? That's going to be a huge problem.

Anything about the transfer of data between the EU and the UK? That's going to be a huge problem.
No, this was just about fulfilment, so data transfer was outside the remit. I'm sure there will be a truckload of unforeseen problems if we leave with no deal. Companies have spent the last 30 years building business models that work inside the EEA and Customs Union - you just can't tear that down without significant difficulties.

Reactions: jay
I don't know if this has been aired up thread, but if so, please delete. It's an interesting paper showing the effect of Sun-deprivation on the EU bias in Merseyside after Hillsborough. Probably a unique set of data showing the (partial) culpability of the Murdoch press for the current mess

@eternumviti was right, Soros at it again! Wait, it's not Soros, it's...

Hedge fund millionaires backing Boris Johnson will make a killing from a no-deal Brexit, according to the former chancellor Philip Hammond. The claim is these “short sellers” are betting on big falls in share prices and the value of sterling in what critics say is a classic example of “disaster capitalism”. But how do they do it, who are they and are they all merchants of doom?

Short-selling: can hedge funds make a fortune from no-deal Brexit?
Philip Hammond says Boris Johnson’s rich backers are line to make a killing

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ge-funds-fortune-no-deal-brexit-boris-johnson

Looks like Johnson is pitching to sell the DUP down the swannee with a border in the North Sea.

"He said the offer he planned on delivering to the EU was “very good” and would be revealed soon. It was set to include an “all-Ireland” regulation zone.”

Will the DUP vote against it? Will the ERG (they are really angERGy)? Will Labour? Will anyone? It's probably the only answer if the backstop has to go, but will the EU trust Johnson not to welch on it as soon as we are out of the EU?

Stephen

Johnson said on Today that “... we need to protect the integrity of the UK and the benefits of the single market for Ireland.’

You can’t make this cr_p up.

Stephen

This is totally nuts, I cannot see a good outcome or even any kind of outcome. It says an awful lot about the state of the electorate that this total cretin is ahead in the polls & likely to get an increased SOV at the next election. Pretty ashamed of us as a nation at the moment.

The world's gone mad. The Tories are now the Workers Party and Brian's a black market entrepreneur, Crispin Odey meets Kleenex.
:)

Anyone got more tips on what to stockpile?

He is as bad as Mogg exploiting the needed. I half expect ET to jump in to advise he has done the same with the bog rolls but he intends giving them all away as that is the kind of person he is. He will not do to the diarrhoea ridden brexiteers what the EU did to the Greeks.
I can and do put up with a lot of abuse here for not being in the gang, but if that’s a reference to me I think that is a disgraceful insult. ;)

Looks like Johnson is pitching to sell the DUP down the swannee with a border in the North Sea.

"He said the offer he planned on delivering to the EU was “very good” and would be revealed soon. It was set to include an “all-Ireland” regulation zone.”

Will the DUP vote against it? Will the ERG (they are really angERGy)? Will Labour? Will anyone? It's probably the only answer if the backstop has to go, but will the EU trust Johnson not to welch on it as soon as we are out of the EU?

Stephen
Maybe I can’t see it for looking, but I don’t see any reference to the North Sea in your link. Or any sea, maybe the story has been changed?

If that’s what they’re planning I agree it is ‘not quite right’.

Maybe I can’t see it for looking, but I don’t see any reference to the North Sea in your link. Or any sea, maybe the story has been changed?

If that’s what they’re planning I agree it is ‘not quite right’.

Surely an "all-Ireland regulation zone" by default means that the EU/UK border moves from the Island and to the Irish sea* It's a SM/CU in all but name.

This was the original idea floated by the EU/UK until it became politically unacceptable to May (or the DUP who held her strings).

Johnson might be calculating that the DUP do not count anymore—and, of course, NI in general doesn't support the DUP position on Brexit.

Of course, it might lead to political violence or/and reunification. But the 'unionist' party don't appear to care much about that.

* I mixed my seas up ...
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back