advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two matches in a row where Liverpool could not produce a goal in open play. They looked off their usual pace today, which may explain why Klopp resorted to “game management”. Chelsea were the better team in the second half, but failed to convert on all but one of their many chances. Great PL start for Liverpool, but they were lucky today to come away with the win.

Aye, but we’re unlucky in mid week, as Souness said, just get on the bus home and take the three points - we were lucky to get a point at the Bridge last season

I find it amusing that in years past Man U always wanted to beat City for bragging rights, but we weren't really a threat. That would be Liverpool. And now we want to beat United, of course, but don't feel they are a threat. That would be LIverpool. :D

Anyone watching the FIFA football awards tonight? Truly the most toe-curling, embarrassing and thoroughly inept production in history. It’s a total horror show. So bad it’s good.

Thomas Cook have just announced that “travel partner” Manchester United's Champions League travel arrangements remain unaffected by their liquidation.

A charity football match took place last night in the Essex town of Colchester were local footballers took on London allstars Harry's Hotspurs , "Hotshot Harry" unfortunately was not present having a prior engagement opening a new Better Buys on the southcoast . The visitors were rumoured to be adding to the entertainment by putting a slow loris in goal , that turned out to be a jest but they did agree to wear their boots on the wrong feet . As no goals were scored a penalty shootout took place , one home player chipped a ball slowly giving the goalkeeper a sporting chance which he accepted by recovering from his dive and punching the ball away with roars of approval (?) from the home crowd . The home team eventually won the contest 4 penalties to 3 .

Man Utd take Rochdale to penalties...

AnD get the Chavs in the next round for their trouble!

Chelsea won their first home game this season tonight. They beat Grimsby 7 - 1 and six of the Blues were teenagers.

The Grimsby Town goalkeeper, James McKeown, did a lot of fine saves, many against Callum Hudon-Odoi.

It was great to see Odoi after his Achilles injury. To celebrate signing a new contract, the 18-year-old finally managed to rocket the ball past McKeown in the 89th minute.

Chelsea have a great future with these youngsters, although there were some poor, giveaway passes.

Jack

Two great wins for my local sports teams!

The soon-to-be World Series Champion Minnesota Twins have clinched the American League Central Division!

And if that wasn't enough, the soon-to-be MLS Champion MNUFC just clinched their first ever playoff berth!

What a great evening, and what wonderful distraction from Trump and Johnson.

The soon-to-be World Series Champion Minnesota Twins have clinched the American League Central Division!

Little help from the White Sox last night ;) , they have had a great season but that is an early shout for the WS , long way to go yet .

Chelsea won their first home game this season tonight. They beat Grimsby 7 - 1 and six of the Blues were teenagers.

The Grimsby Town goalkeeper, James McKeown, did a lot of fine saves, many against Callum Hudon-Odoi.

It was great to see Odoi after his Achilles injury. To celebrate signing a new contract, the 18-year-old finally managed to rocket the ball past McKeown in the 89th minute.

Chelsea have a great future with these youngsters, although there were some poor, giveaway passes.

Jack
Things are changing very quickly at Chelsea - when you see the likes of Mount, Tomori & Abraham all being rested last night it really does underline how far these 3 players have come in a short space of time.
I expect to see Loftus-Cheek (when fit), Hudson-Odoi & James all joining them as regulars in the 1st team in the next 12 months.
These six players have an average age of just 20 - great news for Chelsea and I dare say England as well.

First off, well played Oxford last night so no complaints or excuses.
Secondly, I'm absolutely puzzled as to why Pellegrini don't start with a stronger 11 instead of making 9 changes from the off.

Another humiliation as per Wimbledon last year, the travelling faithful all 1513 of them deserve their money back.

Much moaning among the locals about our game*. The inevitable 11 changes, only 3 first team squad players**, 10, yes 10(!) players making their senior debut.

Our reported injury list is...

Long term
Izquierdo (winger) - long term knee injury, maybe back in Nov
Trossard - (winger/playaker) groin injury back after the next international break (hopefully)

Back soon
Schellotto (wing back)- recovering from an ACL, in training
Bissouma (attacking midfield) - Returning from a shoulder operation, training but not yet match fit

Minor injuries
March (winger)
Jahanbakhsh (winger)
Murray (Striker)
Maupay (striker)
Balogun (Central defender)
Bernardo (wing back)

Add to that the two strikers (Andone, Locadia) loaned out after our window closed, so not replaced.

Our squad is looking a bit thin at the moment. Never mind, only Chelsea (a) and Spurs (h) up next...

* I didn't bother going, a 140 mile round trip to see our U23s/U18s on a wet Wednesday evening wasn't my idea of fun.

**one of whom (Duffy) limped off in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back