advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how anyone can blame Trump for this latest scandal. After all, if he could only count on his own FBI to take down his political opponents, then he wouldn’t be forced to extort a foreign leader to get it done. It’s common sense, and anyone in his position would do the same, right?

if a person believes in the dominant american existential ideology (which, to be fair, is more and more of a global thing now) -- that of libertarian hustling -- then it's not a matter of blame but praise. thanks to his white house legal team and other staff, he managed to figure out pretty early on that it's very much like the business world and he can get away with a lot. in a society where wealth, power and fame are all that matter, why shouldn't he behave this way? fake it 'till you make it.

that said, i do appreciate how you appear to see the humour in it. the one consolation these past ~3 years is being entertained by a man who, when he speaks, is unwittingly the funniest person on earth.

He genuinely gave this speech:
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

if we imagine that as a bit of dialogue from a novel, in a world with trump erased from memory, you really wouldn't be able to put it down. a sort of "catch 22" in spirit that's actually good.

again top man, doing what we all think

Oddly enough, I would argue with just about every word in this post. To mention just some: the referred paragraph does not represent anyone doing anything except running on at the mouth, 'all' is blatantly inaccurate, and I don't think 'think' means what you think it means.

Toronto FC? If not, you are welcome to hop on with the (soon to be MLS champion) MNUFC.

ha! actually, having just captured the NBA championship, many of us here in toronto are as sick of winning as if we had trump as president.

accurately means whats it says and means, be your own men and get off the band wagon
I agree it's an accurate statement of your meaning. I just think what you mean is inaccurate, compared to reality.

Argument by calling me a bandwagon rider is just a bit childish, isn't it? Of course, you are following the Dear Leader's example here, quite unconscious that this influence is degrading your level of functioning.

You can't make it up. Two story links on the same front page of a 'progressive' aggregator site:

ex-1.jpg

-
ex-2.jpg

-

my favourite part:

"He has suggested that America is no different from or better than Vladimir Putin’s Russia."

in other words, when we actually want him to be a racist and xenophobe, he does the opposite.
W/O having read the NYT piece, I suspect this harkens back to his famous defense of Putin killing journalists: 'We kill people." You don't have to be xenophobic to feel that response is at least a bit off....

W/O having read the NYT piece, I suspect this harkens back to his famous defense of Putin killing journalists: 'We kill people." You don't have to be xenophobic to feel that response is at least a bit off....

hmmm, the "we kill people" was separate item that has now appears to have been cleansed from the original article. to be fair to trump, that's actually the most intelligent observation he has ever made in public. i suppose some self-starter apprentice pointed out the problem) or something similar to) what i noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back