advertisement

Hi Fi is dead

1964meb

pfm Member
Well, actually mine is!

Hello knowledgable types in fishy land

I currently have

No out put from lp

Only v Quiet spitty noises from line in MBP / jk32 DAC. You can tell there is music but only just

One channel failed first then both

Not sure if the problem is my RSL modded Naim nac 72 ( serviced a couple / few years ago. Or if the problem is my nap 250 CB also serviced a couple / few years ago (by a well respected and well known company known to most of us here)

I have switched off, disconnected and re-connected everything but no improvement .

Can't help thinking this is going to cost

Any thoughts or helpful advice is welcome

Regards

Mike

Have you reseated the RSL cards or tried the original Naim cards? that's if you still have them in your possession.

Colin

Maybe good idea to list you complete vinyl chain. Don't understand the DAC bit as I'm used to phono stages for vinyl. First place (?) to look is the cart., I s'pose, but if you can't either swap cart's or plug the phono lead into another stage, it's tricky to eliminate. Bit unusual for amplification stages to go down on two separate channels.

Are all the lights on? The problem could be with the power supply (HiCap) rather than the 72 or the 250.

Hi CB

Thanks for the suggestion

I have reseated the RSL cards

I'll have a look around to see if I still have the old naim cards

Regards

Mike

Reactions: CB4
Thanks for your helpful comments

Replacing the RSL cards for the old naim cards has made no difference. This implies it's not the pre amp.

The " hi cap" is an Avondale ps. Nothing looks burned out or leaking inside that.

The vinyl chain is dv20 low output MC, Roxane Nima, lp 12 herculese moss ps,

All the lights are on Normal.

I shall have a look inside the 250 to look for burned out bits or bad smells

i have removed the uptone regan from the digital chain. No change

Please keep making helpful suggestions .
Regards again

M

Test the cables connecting the 250 to the HiCap, or try substituting it with another cable.

Colin

No idea why that all happened

All sounding tip top again.

I guess it is all old stuff and there are a lot of links in the chains

Regards

Mike

advertisement

Back