advertisement

The Future Of The Democratic Party.

just as an intellectual footnote, here is something from 38 years ago that ranked at or near the top of male sexual appeal (to women) in the western world:

. BTW, you left out the 'great' before Howard Zinn's name this time....

it's awkward to keep reminding people here of basics. basketball isn't a big topic on pfm, but nobody would question me saying "the great larry bird". when it comes to social activism, however, members are quick to flaunt their virtue, yet express disdain for or total ignorance of social activists who are still alive or of our time. if the man who, among other things, wrote "a people's history of the united states" doesn't deserve a bit of shouting out, then who does? ffs, even the stewards of pop culture agree:

just as an intellectual footnote, here is something from 38 years ago that ranked at or near the top of male sexual appeal (to women) in the western world:

I'm sure Ted Nugent would drop his loin cloth to dispute any such ranking of Diamond Dave. As for personal experience, my GF at the time preferred the Thompson Twins.

I'm sure Ted Nugent would drop his loin cloth to dispute any such ranking of Diamond Dave. As for personal experience, my GF at the time preferred the Thompson Twins.

she was only a little ahead of the curve. when we look back on how quickly we shifted to this...

1*S3Bf9nRT5aJwUg3G1V8i5A.jpeg

...well, the dominant trend shifted. in the USA, there were dozen of forgettable "rock" bands (with things like "snake" in the name) that were bland copies of van halen.

I've been busy. And 'watch my great source' is not argument, except 'argument from authority.'

As for the efficacy of protest and resistance, Tiananmen Square also comes to mind, although at 30 years old, it may well be irrelevant also? Many here will not recall that in the US, Kent State really took the wind right out of a building trend of student Vietnam war protest. But that's even older, coming up on 50 years now. Is there a half-life for historical examples?

I've been busy. And 'watch my great source' is not argument, except 'argument from authority.'

i did not mean it as an argument from authority and sorry if it came off that way. i thought i had a sensible view before i came across the lecture and it convinced me i was very wrong. it's really worth watching when/if you get a chance.

I watched about half the lecture since it wasn't going anywhere I found eye opening. I wrote something in the thread earlier touching on the vague collective feeling of security americans cling to, even with knowledge of how corrupt the system is, but deleted it. The upstairs-downstairs security of the serfs provided by divinely-ordained overlords theory isn't particularly new, if that's the part of the lecture you're referring to.

I mean, it's as obvious as the double-edged sword of 'first responder' worship in america, where on one hand the system cultures a publicly unassailable constituency (primarily the police) to be held in the highest regard within every tragedy covered by the media, while simultaneously they're increasingly militarized and their transgressions against the public they serve are mostly forgiven. All because they're the most useful of idiots.

Take that viewpoint into polite conversation and see what happens. It's pretty much the same as the overlord-serf-security angle -- people may realize it on some level but they don't want to cop to it. Internet addiction, climate collapse ... same thing.

Sadly, it appears that Elizabeth Warren has been meeting with Hilary Clinton. I must say I'm not surprised given the glowing reports of Warren coming from the establishment media.

You can say it until you're blue in the face and it won't wash. Politicians with 7 figure wealth rooting around in populist mud flinging pixie dust ... the con never fails because a facade of support is all that's required to steer the larger herd. The thing that gets me is the number of people holding up "not part of the herd!" signs who go right along with it.

jeb biden goes after the black audiophile vote:

..but seriously, something is clearly wrong with his cognitive state.

This is why the DNC fixed their rules so that Tulsi didn't make the recent and upcoming debates:

Trump offers to pimp out our military to the dictator of Saudi Arabia

the political genius of bill maher:

btw -- very impressed with krystal ball lately. she may very well win my "hottest woman on TV" prize this year.

Tulsi Gabbard is considering boycotting the next debate as a protest against the corruption of the DNC and their corporate media partners:

Good thread this one.

Before reading it, I wasn't really aware of the dire state the Democrats are in.

I have since watched Moore's 11-9 film which goes some way to explaining the current state of US party politics.

They need to get their shit in a sock soon though otherwise we will be looking at another 4 years of Trump.

Ray

The democrats don't give a rat's ass about anyone. If faithful dems haven't figured that out after Flint Michigan, and now the blackouts in California, they never will. Two circus clowns, same circus.

Tulsi Gabbard is considering boycotting the next debate as a protest against the corruption of the DNC and their corporate media partners:

Glad someone other than Trump is speaking out about the DNC and corporate media.

advertisement

Back