advertisement

Spaghetti

Ah, you SEEMED to be talking about poverty, but in fact there were subtle undertones of Eurocentric, white supremacist, rabidly anti-poor Italians class superiority.
I am not responsible for how others interpret a simple statement.

I do not think class, if such a thing exists these days, is to do with wealth.

wow, that's quite a stretch and tangent. have you really never heard the term "class" used to describe economic tiers in society? i wasn't making any assumptions or inferences about causality.

Not really, whatever class is I don’t see it as determined by economic tiers (whatever they are), but you introduced the term and I can’t do anything about your definition.

Not really, whatever class is I don’t see it as determined by economic tiers (whatever they are), but you introduced the term and I can’t do anything about your definition.

we are so touched by your virtue, but it's not "my" definition, it's simply general usage.

I did not make any class-based argument.

I can understand that the impoverished of the world would have, as their staple diet, a flour and water based product such as pasta. What I cannot understand is why anyone who does not have to eat it chooses to. Same goes for rice.

a paraphrasing to emphasize the logic:

"why would people who are not poor want to eat food that is the staple diet of poor people."

a paraphrasing to emphasize the logic:

"why would people who are not poor want to eat food that is the staple diet of poor people."
Vuk, I made no class-based argument. That is your, incorrect, assumption.

Vuk, I made no class-based argument. That is your, incorrect, assumption.

i showed you exactly how you did. you presented poverty/class as a single variable by which one could make a decision as to whether or not a food is to be eaten (or chosen to be eaten).

i know you are not stupid enough to not understand this, so i assume this has become about something else.

i showed you exactly how you did. you presented poverty/class as a single variable by which one could make a decision as to whether or not a food is to be eaten (or chosen to be eaten).
No, you did nothing of the sort.

Also, I proposed no decision making process.

i guess you are pretty stupid then. i think most 6 year-olds would have gotten it after my first explanation.
Vuk, you clearly have no idea that you are nowhere near as clever as you think you are. Also most 6 year olds have mastered the esoteric concept of Upper Case....

Vuk, you clearly have no idea that you are nowhere near as clever as you think you are. Also most 6 year olds have mastered the esoteric concept of Upper Case....

great comeback. we're still waiting for you to explain how a simple causal account (A -> B) of what you said is wrong.

great comeback. we're still waiting for you to explain how a simple causal account (A -> B) of what you said is wrong.
Who is "we"?

Anyway, if you can post something in plain English based on what I wrote rather than what you claim I wrote, or what you think I meant by what I wrote, I shall be more than happy to ignore it.

My favourite pasta is De Cecco "spaghettini". Although "spaghettini" means "small spaghetti", the De Cecco is really almost normal size. I've tried all sorts of supposedly "superior" brands, but keep going back to De Cecco.

That's the one we get coz we like it :)

I can understand that the impoverished of the world would have, as their staple diet, a flour and water based product such as pasta. What I cannot understand is why anyone who does not have to eat it chooses to. Same goes for rice.

Cav - your lack of appreciation for two foods that can be served in simple yet sublimely delicious ways is a great pity - you truly don’t know what you’re missing. There is a wonderful world of pasta & risotto just waiting for you in Italy... just don’t eat your spaghetti with a knife & fork...

Cav - your lack of appreciation for two foods that can be served in simple yet sublimely delicious ways is a great pity - you truly don’t know what you’re missing. There is a wonderful world of pasta & risotto just waiting for you in Italy... just don’t eat your spaghetti with a knife & fork...
It is the sauce that makes pasta and rice palatable. Without a sauce both are execrable - or do you eat yours without?

advertisement

Back