advertisement

Employer liability

It's the French letter of the law, silly !
If the sex was a legitimate part of the business trip, shouldn’t the condom be tax deductible?

Likewise, if it was sex with a prostitute, wouldn’t that be a legitimate expenses claim?

It does seem an odd verdict, but without knowing the ins and outs of the law, we can't really comment...
My thoughts this morning, too. Something fishy going on. He was married and broke legal vows while on business. If a business is responsible for the whole business trip, including stuff like shagging, it is possibly gross misconduct, instant dismissal.

My thoughts this morning, too. Something fishy going on. He was married and broke legal vows while on business. If a business is responsible for the whole business trip, including stuff like shagging, it is possibly gross misconduct, instant dismissal.
He's certainly sacked now.

He was married and broke legal vows while on business.

Are marriage vows legally binding? I didnt think they were. There are some statutory statements made during the ceremony to bind the marriage contract.

I suppose some of the additional declarations are religiously binding, but I dont think they stack up in the eyes of the law?

Legal?

If the sex was a legitimate part of the business trip, shouldn’t the condom be tax deductible?

Well, quite ! Regardless of whether the tax authorities take a 'flexible' view to condom relief, you'd need to fill in a sheath of papers !

France has different attitudes to mistresses or affairs, he was away on a business trip, had sex and died.

Sex is a normal function of everyday life (or just birthdays in my case) so he didn't die doing anything extraordinarily dangerous (yes, having a bit on the side could be considered very dangerous)

As to the moaning about taking August off, why not. When I lived/worked in Germany and France everyone would shut up shop and head south for the month. France and Germany have a better work/life ethic than the UK who live to work rather than work to live.

Sorry I thought the French civil code was legally binding. Actually I have no idea if it is or is not, but thought it was taken more seriously than elsewhere.

This thread should win some kind of award for mismatch between title and content. I came here expecting something truly dull and I am very, very disappointed.

P.S. The money should be paid. There is no question the guy died on the job.

Sorry I thought the French civil code was legally binding. Actually I have no idea if it is or is not, but thought it was taken more seriously than elsewhere.

I thought it was almost compulsory to take a paramour if you wanted to get on in France.

advertisement

Back