advertisement

What are you listening to right now #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon and Vangelis - Best of

'I Hear You Now' is one of those tracks that evokes a strong memory. It's like yesterday even though it was 40 years ago.

I'm sat on the sofa at my uncle and aunt's house, it's Thursday evening (I always went there on a Thurs evening) and it's dark. The only lights are a small table lamp and the lights from Uncle Sam's stereo and this is playing on the radio. Happy days.

Been cleaning some records today, a mixture of recently purchased new and second hand lps and some I hadn't got round to cleaning yet...

Chameleons Vox - Strange Times Live
North Atlantic Oscillation- Grind Show
XTC - White Music
Visage - The Anvil
Heaven 17 - The Luxury Gap
The Who - Quadrophenia

Level 42...
7184ZqzBdZL._AC_UY218_.jpg

81uRPtz3frL._SX425_.jpg

Norman ****ing Rockwell! It took a while, but Lana Del Rey has perfected her style and craft and delivered a dark pop record produced to perfection. Those who dislike her style will probably not like this. For those who do, this is her magnum opus. Since she's still young, hopefully she does even better work in the future.

Anthony Phillips - 1984

An absolute riot of barking CR-78 drum machine and big polyphonic analogue synths.

Chilled Ibiza something on cd through a cheap DVD player and a broken denon shoe box unit with KEF coda 2 speKers.

Not exactly hifi but it is fine fir here and now

M

Grits, Beans and Greens (Take 3) - Tubby Hayes Quartet

Finally got my CD drive back from my inlaws so able to rip the CD of his lost Fontana Studio Sessions recordings. It's wonderful..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back